Home workouts

Options
Im looking for some good recommendations for workout dvds and such. Boyfriend and I are trying to workout together at home more. Want ones that are actually a challenge and won't get boring quickly.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Insanity
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Bodyweight exercises
  • Yivs_87
    Yivs_87 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Insanity Max 30. Too insane to get boring.
  • babbles1232000
    babbles1232000 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like insanity, turbo jam, and body beast. There's free videos on YouTube that you might like too.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Turbo jam is fun! I also like most Jillian Michaels workouts and The Firm.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Insanity. Body Beast. Body shred. Crossfit type workouts you find online. Just know that with any tape you will get bored as it's the same thing each time you press play on the DVD. So you definitely want to get a variety that focus on different things to keep things interesting and challenging.
  • jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Insanity or Max 30! I love Insanity, fun, super challenging and easy to do in your living room with some good music blasting :)
  • darbunk
    darbunk Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I purchased access to Beach Body on Demand and am very happy with it. It offers all types of workouts that you can access anytime with your mobile device or computer. I tried some videos on youtube but they weren't as well made.

One of the perks of BBoD is being in a Facebook motivational group with a coach. I've been with the same coach since the beginning of the year and she is just fantastic. Keeps me accountable and motivated.
  • amarneu
    amarneu Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Dance fitness with Jessica on YouTube
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    DailyBurn (lots to choose from plus they have a live stream class daily that changes daily called Daily Burn 365. It's broadcast live at 9am EST, but is still available to replay after the class is over for the rest of the day)
    FitnessBlender (lots to choose from and it's free)
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Get a Daily Burn subscription. There are 200 different workout vids on there, plus a new live on each day.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Fitness blender is amazing!!! Free on YouTube or their website and a huge amount of videos to choose from. You could do something different every day and not repeat a workout for a long time. They have some awesome 5 day challenges too if you wanted something structured. They have been my main workouts for like 3 years now and I'm still not sick of it, and I get bored easily with exercise so that's saying a lot.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Any of the Tony Horton DVDs from Beachbody. Personally I like P90X the best
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm doing beginner bodyweight workout from nerd fitness.com, it takes me about 25 min. After I do extra 10 min with dumbells for arms, 10 min for core and 10 min for bum with fitness blender. Total workout around 60 min, I try to do it 3 times a week
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Seconding FitnessBlender.com. My boyfriend and I love doing them together!
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender here, too!

They are all I will use.
  • priscillamcdaniel35
    Options
    Im looking for some good recommendations for workout dvds and such. Boyfriend and I are trying to workout together at home more. Want ones that are actually a challenge and won't get boring quickly.

you tube got a bunch to look at to see what you might like that is how I am getting started tryging them first then see what i like before purchasing~
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Any of the Tony Horton DVDs from Beachbody. Personally I like P90X the best

I second the Tony Horton DVDs especially the P90X and P90X Plus series.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    if you don't want to buy the beachbody DVD's - you can buy a monthly access to beachbody on demand (I think its abouit $13 a month)

also Les Mills has a streaming service ($12 a month)
  • rachelspears94
    rachelspears94 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Beachbody.com
    Has a ton of great videos.