Ladies, do you lack of motivation during your periods ?

Options
Hi ladies,
I was wondering if there are girls that feel lazy and lack motivation during their periods because it happens to me all the time. A way to fight against it ?

Replies

• sexyjacky
    sexyjacky Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Same here I tend to over do it with chocolate and sweets during that time of the month :/
  • mandy_godfree
    mandy_godfree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I read up on this because I always crave chocolate. Apparently in the week before we burn up to 300 extra calories per day. I try and stick to the calorie count but often give myself a week off exercise over that week. I figure the extra burn the week before makes up for it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm usually that way the week before (you know, that week when the whole world sucks and you can't stand the sound of your s/o breathing and Subaru commercials make you cry? Yeah, that week!) I try, with varying degrees of success, not to let it get in the way of being awesome :smile:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    No, quite the opposite - I turn into a clean freak. It's Spring Cleaning & Purging every month ... On the 4th day, I rest & gloat over my handiwork. :p
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just do my thing. My biggest issue is knowing what feminine product to use (pad vs. tampon) because my flow is so wonky.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel lethargic you may be anemic, have you had your iron levels checked?
  • jroy1999
    jroy1999 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I feel like doing nothing, but I feel like I'm starving constantly! I know my iron is low though, so I am working on that.
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I definitely struggle with motivation during that time, but I tend to just force myself to push through it. I accept that I'm probably going to have a bit more chocolate than I should but I still stay in a deficit and continue to see weight loss results at the end.
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I always have to push myself during my period. My legs get unbearable achy and tight. I feel like a 100 pound rock is on me but I do have to push myself. After I work out I usually feel better. My diet isn't on target tho. I struggle with food a lot during this time.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I struggle that week but usually instead of fighting it, I try to work with it. I take it easy. Sleep a little more. Go for walks, do yoga and stretch instead of intense options. Everyone is different! I've learned the hard way that for me, when I push too much against my body, it pushes back and I usually end up getting sick.
  • peanutbuttertuesday
    peanutbuttertuesday Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yep! I tend to skip workouts and eat around maintenance for 4 or 5 days. I always bounce back after. It's a huge hormonal shift for me. I get really mopey.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Nope. I just do my thing. My biggest issue is knowing what feminine product to use (pad vs. tampon) because my flow is so wonky.

@DancingMoosie Try a Diva Cup. They are fantastic!
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I thought it was only me. Low energy, depression, hate everything feeling. Feel bloated and huge.

Are there supplements we can take to feel better?
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's so difficult to find the drive to exercise.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I completely lack motivation, energy and drive...starting about a week before :(
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I always have to push myself during my period. My legs get unbearable achy and tight. I feel like a 100 pound rock is on me but I do have to push myself. After I work out I usually feel better. My diet isn't on target tho. I struggle with food a lot during this time.

This is me as well. My diet is where I struggle but I feel so much better after I workout. It even helps with cramps and I have awful ones

• flrancho
    flrancho Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I don't think I struggle with motivation, however I definitely struggle with eating within my calorie goals the week before when all the cravings hit. Usually its sweets.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

@DancingMoosie Try a Diva Cup. They are fantastic!

Ditto! It was literally life changing for me (sound dramatic I know, but as someone with allergies and sensitive skin it's made all the difference in the world).
  • VRated
    VRated Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I go on a huge eating binge... 3500 - 4000 calories over my normal allowance. It is like a frenzy and I can't control myself and eat everything bad. My only excercise is my eliptical for 30 minutes per day and I do tend to skip it a few times that week. I just accept it and learn to not beat myself up over it... the following couple weeks I get back on track and lost all I gained.
    As for motivation... that does go out the door - my only fear is that I get to used to it and not get back on track so I need to be disiplined the following weeks (which isn't always easy)