Water rentention

Options
Hey guys. I haven't weighed for 2 weeks and have been good. I weighed yesterday and had put a pound on!!!!!! But It is coming to that time of the month. . Does this effect anyone else?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Yup! I can go weeks with no scale movement. Patience really is the key and tracking the trend over 6-8 weeks to get a true picture.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Here is an example of how my weight fluctuates day by day:

g72b418hv17x.png
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    That's why i weigh daily and use an app to average it out...if I only weighed in once every 2 weeks and hit a high day (I have a LOT of swings) I would lose it and quit.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    natzbeauty wrote: »
    Hey guys. I haven't weighed for 2 weeks and have been good. I weighed yesterday and had put a pound on!!!!!! But It is coming to that time of the month. . Does this effect anyone else?

I had 8lbs gain in two weeks was distraught. This week lost 5.2lbs still trying to work out why.. currently stopped the mini pill in hopes it's that causing me to retain water.
  • mandy_godfree
    mandy_godfree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every four weeks generally, I tend to maintain for weeks then dump the weight all at once, so can only assume it's water retention triggered by hormonal changes, so if I weigh myself at the same time every four weeks it seems to work out ok. I do occasionally weigh in between if I've particularly change my diet and have done that this week, but am most interested in the four weekly goals.