depressed

Options
Getting depressed, my long term relationship ended late week suddenly. So my kids and I are just left feeling not good enough. This is affecting my goal here, although my ex and I are still friends it hurts a lot more than I thought. I guess talking about it on here may help. I need advice and hopefully some support.

Replies

• zofekete
    zofekete Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Been there. Book recommendation: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0679730028

It might give some understanding.
  • zofekete
    zofekete Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Also, try to figure out some activity what you would like to do , but could not due to your partner. If he hated to dance, g try to go dancing. If he got seasick just looking at a boat, try to go sailing, whale watching etc. Whatever, just something what makes you think "I could not have this fun with him."

And try to avoid specific places , music etc what would remind you of him.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Changes thrust upon us take some getting used to. It will get easier, it will take time for the dust to settle. You have a couple of posts from two kind people above, there are some in this world. Those kids of yours will be your strength and joy. Maybe keeping yourself on a very tight calorie restriction might not be helpful right now. How about letting yourself go up to the mfp recommended maintenance level so you can give yourself some wiggle room if you need it. Most of all, know you are an ok person. You are there picking up the pieces keeping everything together, being responsible. This is what an OK person does. Chin up, face the world with pride.
  • minnie84
    minnie84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It is hard hunn and my god it hurts but keep your chin up take it step by step day by day remember the most important thing is u n ur kids love cherish cry n hug always together it will get easier but it does take time xx
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    pita7317 wrote: »
    In the same boat, in a way. My husband of 30 years passed away 8 months ago. So tough. At first I dropped about 5-6 lbs now up about 5 from goal weight. Very difficult to stay on track. Hoping with time things will level out for you and I both. Good luck. Stay strong. Better days ahead. :)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your husband :frowning:
  • beach4142016
    beach4142016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I appreciate all your kind words and personal advice has helped so much. I trying to move on as he did but realize time will be my friend. Please add me as a friend, thank you again.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Thanks pinuplove and fuzzipeg for your comments on this topic.
  • kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I've gone through the exact same thing 8 weeks ago, although am not friends with my ex and have not spoken to him for almost 4 weeks This grieving process is hard and it hurts but I try to allow myself to feel these things. I hope u are doing better since your first post x
  • jhonsnow777
    jhonsnow777 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Well i hope you fell better @beach4142016. I think the best you can do is to be focused in yourself and try to avoid comunication with your ex for the moment. If this is definilty is the best, because is the only way you can continue forward accepting new changes in your life. Be concentrate in yourself and your children. Following a program for improve your figure and healt is a very good way to fight against depress. Could be a difficult moment but will not last forever.
  • beach4142016
    beach4142016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, your words touched me. Thank you again
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Stay strong and focus on yourself and your kids. As hard as it is, try to move on and reach your goals. We are all here to support you! Just sent you a friend request!