Kind Of Confused

Options
corvn
corvn Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2017 in Getting Started
I've never seen this before. For some reason in my diary, it took my total calories and subtracted food and excersise. I thought exercise was supposed to add calories not give me less.

I had a sandwhich for lunch and with the excercise i have only 400 calories left. All the other days in the past it added calories instead of subtracting them.

Replies

• victorias36
    victorias36 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Check your settings. Do you have a Fitbit or another tracker attached to your MFP? There is a negative setting box that got checked on mine. I tried unchecking it and all but it finally fixed itself!!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,073 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Are you using a fitbit or other tracking device and have negative adjustment turned on? If you do the tracker expects you to maintain a level of activity throughout the day, if you've synced your device during the day you may not have reached the activity level you've set it to, this usually happens earlier in the day or on days where you're more sedentary than you would be normally.
  • corvn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yes, I'm using a samsung fit 2. Looks like that's where it came from. It did a huge negative calorie adjustment. Today was my most active day inn a long time.

Where was that negative setting?
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    In the web version it's in Settings>Food and Exercise Diary Settings> Calorie Adjustments
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Worth noting though, it's a more accurate way of seeing if you're hitting the activity level you set. If you're not perhaps you've set it too high in MFP?
  • corvn
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I went to check out that setting on my pc and its correct there but wrong on my android phone. Weird.
  • corvn
    Options
    28k75jhyj1d7.png

vs PC. Ones plus and ones minus.

2hk7hlv8w4rd.png
  • corvn
    Options
    -1300 Today. This will screw up my week but oh well. At least it's counting something.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Oh - that is bad.

MFP is having some bad sync issues lately.

I've seen that issue of yours years ago - no one has noticed it lately, perhaps because they don't get on their computer.

• jammkma
    jammkma Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how to add your foods to "my foods"? I keep adding my lists of "recent" to my daily meals?????
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    If you create or correct a food - that is on your foods list to use in the future. As well as Recent or Frequent if it applies.
    You are doing it correct, it's not supposed to work the way you sound like you think it should work.
  • priscillamcdaniel35
    Options
    corvn wrote: »
    I've never seen this before. For some reason in my diary, it took my total calories and subtracted food and excersise. I thought exercise was supposed to add calories not give me less.

I had a sandwhich for lunch and with the excercise i have only 400 calories left. All the other days in the past it added calories instead of subtracting them.
    calories are added to be subtracted you have 1200 you exercise 300 1500 you can eat ~
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    jammkma wrote: »
    Anyone know how to add your foods to "my foods"? I keep adding my lists of "recent" to my daily meals?????

My Foods is for entries you create yourself or have updated the nutrition information on
  • corvn
    Options
    corvn wrote: »

calories are added to be subtracted you have 1200 you exercise 300 1500 you can eat ~

It subtracted exercise from my calories though.