Fat? Saturated?

Options
I'm getting confused I'm looking over my nutrition for today & I noticed it says fat then saturated etc...what is fat? Is that " bad" fat or good fat... I know saturated is bad... So my question is it pertaining to good fat consumption? Cause I had a lot of it today lol

Replies

• izzie218
    izzie218 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    "Fat" is the total amount of fat that you ate in the day. Not all fats are saturated, some are monosaturated and polysaturated. Those are good, they help your skin and hair. They can be found in foods like avocados, nuts, and eggs. There are different kinds of fat and so the total amount includes all of the types, good and bad.

I hate to call certain things "good" and "bad" though. It's just that some have health benefits while others can be harmful.
  • Niples_
    Niples_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    While losing weight. I wouldn't worry about going out of your way to ADD good fats to your diet. You already have a limited number of calories for the day. No need to blow 340 calories on 2 oz of Almonds just because it's "good" fat. Once you hit your goals you can add those healthy fats to your maintenance calories.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Niples_ wrote: »
    While losing weight. I wouldn't worry about going out of your way to ADD good fats to your diet. You already have a limited number of calories for the day. No need to blow 340 calories on 2 oz of Almonds just because it's "good" fat. Once you hit your goals you can add those healthy fats to your maintenance calories.

But eating too little fat is not good for your health - you need a minimum for various processes in your body and the help nutrient absorption.

OP - the total fat is a minimum goal. The saturated fat is a goal to not exceed (based on recommendations for good health)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Trans fat is the only bad fat. Eat what you like, but eat balanced and varied - hit your macros and eat many different species each day and every week.