Treadmill?

Options
Which is the best treadmill with a reasonable price ? I need motivation and maybe a treadmill would help!

Replies

• Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Be careful when purchasing a treadmill. What are you using it for? A lower end one will work great for walking at a brisk pace. But if you want to be able to jog/run, you should try it out before purchasing as some may not be sturdy enough for that movement.

I have had my treadmill for 3 years (used one my parents no longer used) and I love having it in my home as going to a gym or outside for a run is not possible for me
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill. Get the beefiest, highest end one you can stomach. I have the "2" version of this, Pacemaster Pro Plus II, actually was my husband's gathering dust when we moved in together. Gets used every day now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pacemaster-Pro-Plus-/232177052656?hash=item360ed4abf0:g:LWsAAOSw4shYBRm7

Definitely try before you buy, it's not going to be any fun to feel like you can't just run if the thing feels flimsy.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I got a Golds Gym treadmill from Walmart. It can go up to 10% incline and can support my running.
  • suzilla53
    suzilla53 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I use mine 6 days a week,several years now.We have had it replaced twice under warranty.Go to the website treadmill doctors.com. They sell parts to repair treadmills and are very knowledgeable about treadmill brands. They rate and review them too.Definately research carefully, there's a lot of electronics on those things to go bad.I think we paid about 900 for it.The treadmill was the only major appliance we got the extended warranty on, thank god for that.All that being said,it's been a great benefit,no matter how cold, rainy,dark outside I can get my walking in.Dont have to worry about someone on their cell phone driving and not seeing you!
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    On the low end you can get a ProFom for $800 at Costco right now, it will be good enough for most people starting out.

Plus if it ever dies on you, or you simply don't like it, Costco has an amazing return policy.

http://m.costco.com/ProForm-Premier-900-Treadmill-with-Touchscreen-Display---Assembly-Required.product.100315058.html

Craigslist is an awesome way to get a great deal on a used one. Especially in march when the snow melts and the New Years resolutioners see a dusty treadmill and want the cash instead.
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions. Maybe now is a good time to get one on sale. I am recovering from surgery so think it would be a good way to get back into exercising.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill, too. Wyoming has long and windy winters. Even on a warmer sunny day, the wind can make 55 or 60 feel like 30, so I stay inside. I don't get much use out of it in the summer, but it keeps me from feeling so cooped up. I have Horizon brand and ordered it on Amazon.
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just bought one at academy for 500 it is Nice it has the port to plug your phone with speakers, and this one isn't too tall I love it so far. Nice to have one
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are looking at something like this: https://www.healthandleisure.com.au/product/infiniti-ss3000i-treadmill/

Something with a decent top speed, decent weight limit, and reasonably sturdy.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    This is the one I have my eye on.

http://www.afgfitness.com/product/57at-treadmill#specs

Goes on sale at Canadian Tire for ~ a grand every so often. Has decent stats but has one feature I don't see in most.

You program it from your tablet. So you can program it to do whatever the hell you want it to and are not stuck to it's canned programs.

The one I'm using now is really too small for running, but it's about time I start running outside so I'm thinking it will be fall before I buy it.
  • Alisonswim46
    Alisonswim46 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    If you want an amazing treadmill, look at Woodway.
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It'd be cheaper to buy some decent running shoes and go outside!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Treadmills stand the risk of being bought and gathering dust. If you are a beginner, then I'd recommend joining a gym club.

This^

I bought a "dreadmill" years ago.....I did use it for awhile, but it ended up being an expensive clothes rack.

Another option is YouTube, library, DVD "walking" videos. Try one of these & see if you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

Newer DVDs have a music only option. It's also possible to mute the sound & watch TV, the moves are certainly simple enough.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Treadmills stand the risk of being bought and gathering dust. If you are a beginner, then I'd recommend joining a gym club.

This^

I bought a "dreadmill" years ago.....I did use it for awhile, but it ended up being an expensive clothes rack.

Another option is YouTube, library, DVD "walking" videos. Try one of these & see if you like it:

https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

Newer DVDs have a music only option. It's also possible to mute the sound & watch TV, the moves are certainly simple enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-50GjySwew
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I have a commercial style treadmill and have had it for over 10 years and love it! I walk on it every day with a break here and there for a day or two at times.

If you can find a good used commercial one then I would go that route.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill, too. Wyoming has long and windy winters. Even on a warmer sunny day, the wind can make 55 or 60 feel like 30, so I stay inside. I don't get much use out of it in the summer, but it keeps me from feeling so cooped up. I have Horizon brand and ordered it on Amazon.

This is the main reason for a treadmill for sure! Those who think they aren't useful must not live in really hot climates or extremely cold climates at all during the year. :D
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Check out treadmill doctor website. Lots of reviews.

I've been researching treadmills a lot lately and could probably give some suggestions to consider. What is your price range? And will you be doing mostly walking, slow jogging or fast running?