FITBIT, ANDROID, or APPLE

Options
I have seen out there recently android fitness devices. I didnt release there were. I have been out of the loop for a while due to an illness and just curious what people think of these? I think personally I will always FitBit.

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit for over 3 years now and will probably always use it while it's still available. It meets my needs and it's what most of my social circle use. :)
  • NikkiiBaby68
    NikkiiBaby68 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit for over 3 years now and will probably always use it while it's still available. It meets my needs and it's what most of my social circle use. :)

I have since decided to get a leaf to go along with this...I think with both will give me exactly what i need. I love my Blaze but there are things it doesnt do well for me I think the leaf will and vice versa.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have an Apple watch, it serves my needs and I really like it. Hoping to upgrade to the newest one soon since it tracks elevation gains and I hike a lot in the summers
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    No love for Garmin? I highly recommend checking them out before making a final decision.
  • Mysticalmaid
    Mysticalmaid Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a Garmin woman but I use it for running (and step tracking, tracking mileage etc). The phone gps is nowhere as accurate.
  • MikoHanzo
    MikoHanzo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Fitbit for me personally.. the Charge 2 to be specific
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Samsung Gear 2 for me. Got fed up of battery issues with all 5 different fitbits i tried.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    For what?
    Android watches are kinda meh.
    Apple watches are awful for fitness.
    Fitbits don't have GPS and aren't useful for much.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    scorpio516 wrote: »
    For what?

Why do you say the apple watches are terrible for fitness?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    scorpio516 wrote: »
    For what?

You need to dig deeper than this, dude.

If you just want steps, use an app on your phone or get a low-end Fitbit (Alta).

If you want steps and HR, get a Fitbit Charge 2.

If you want other apps and a better interface, get the Samsung Gear S2 or Apple watch, matching the brand of your phone.

If you want an all-purpose training tool with HR and GPS, get a Garmin. This is the hardest to pick because there are so many models to choose from, but the Vivoactive HR looks pretty good. The battery life isn't all that good when you have the GPS and HR turned on, but it works for lots of sports.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Smamfa wrote: »
    Samsung Gear 2 for me. Got fed up of battery issues with all 5 different fitbits i tried.

That's what I have. Love it!!! And free MFP premium!!!
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for a fitness device then you should probably stay away from the smart watches that have fitness features and get a fitness device (that may have a few smart watch feature).

fitbit is pretty good (the best app)
    Garmin is good (but fair amount of bugs)
    Polar is good (but a bit behind the times)
    Suunto is really good (very accurate and consistent)

Also, devices with optical heart rate sensors are only good for certain workouts (steady state cardio). Most chest strap heart rate monitors I've tried are very accurate.

Hope this helps.