Need more motivating friends!!

Options
Add me if you use MFP everyday and are active so you can help me stay motivated to get this weight off. I had a baby girl has February, I started this weighing in at 191 and I am now down to 179

Replies

• 19tinab81
    19tinab81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for exactly the same! I struggle with motivation. I'm so busy with two teenagers and a toddler, I do little for myself. So, I'm doing this for me. I'm going to focus on my diet and become more active because I don't want to be an even more of a mess when my boys grow up.

You've started to lose weight which is amazing. You've not long just given birth so don't put too much pressure on yourself. Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! Xx
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Im on everyDay. I delete friends that arent on at least 4 days a week.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    "Just do it." - Nike
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
    "To be is to do." - Socrates.
    "To do is to be." - Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do." - Frank Sinatra.

If you are going to let yourself skip workouts, slide on your diet or need "friends" to motivate you then you are letting your lack of discipline help you rationalize and make poor choices.

In many people that is the reason they are unfit in the first place.

If you are trying to stay "motivated" then you are already in the wrong state of mind for long-term success.

"Discipline always trumps motivation. Motivation is about emotion and too many times, we rely on emotion to raise our performance. Unfortunately, this can quickly wear you down and if you aren't motivated, lead to lackluster or missed training sessions.

Discipline doesn't care how you feel, what the weather is or if you've had a bad day. Discipline will carry the strong. Discipline will drive success. Discipline doesn't need a "hype" video or loud music. Discipline over motivation." -- Jim Wendler

http://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    cqbkaju wrote: »
    "Just do it." - Nike
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda
    "To be is to do." - Socrates.
    "To do is to be." - Jean-Paul Sartre.
    "Do be do be do." - Frank Sinatra.

If you are going to let yourself skip workouts, slide on your diet or need "friends" to motivate you then you are letting your lack of discipline help you rationalize and make poor choices.

In many people that is the reason they are unfit in the first place.

If you are trying to stay "motivated" then you are already in the wrong state of mind for long-term success.

"Discipline always trumps motivation. Motivation is about emotion and too many times, we rely on emotion to raise our performance. Unfortunately, this can quickly wear you down and if you aren't motivated, lead to lackluster or missed training sessions.

Discipline doesn't care how you feel, what the weather is or if you've had a bad day. Discipline will carry the strong. Discipline will drive success. Discipline doesn't need a "hype" video or loud music. Discipline over motivation." -- Jim Wendler

http://www.wisdomination.com/screw-motivation-what-you-need-is-discipline/

I can agree to this but seeing people meeting their goals on MFP, or convincing themselves to go back into a work out, or trying new things at least acts as positive reinforcement. You can build discipline with yourself but it sure is nice to talk and hear from people who are pursuing the same goal that you are and who may have tips that may help you/me especially if you don't have a ton of outside interaction in your day. To anyone that reads this and it resonates feel free to add me.
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    Options
    I'm a new mom too :) added you !