Tired of being fat

Options
I've been "husky" my entire life but as I grow older my Max weight grows as well. I was at 323lbs this last Friday and that is just sad to me. I felt like not much longer and they will make a life time movie over me and it will be one of those REALLY sad ones. I have a 3 year old son and dangit I want to be able to teach him things and be a good example at St this point in my life my weight controls me. I'm getting this done and maybe 160 is still an "unhealthy" weight it's half of what I am now and thinner than I've been since probably 9th grade.

Replies

• suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    What is your plan? Only you can make the changes you need to make sure that lifetime movie has a happy ending!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,529 Member
    Options
    My advice since I've worked with many an obese client: don't make excuses for yourself especially when it comes to food.
    Have a specific plan on how your going to do this and stick to it.
    Don't do it by yourself, hire a professional to help you along (trainers are usually affordable and some are covered by insurance)
    Be CONSISTENT.

Good luck

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • mhaynes0078
    mhaynes0078 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think 160 is totally fine!!!
  • sheiladyke1948
    sheiladyke1948 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Perhaps it might feel more achievable if youconcentrate on half a stone at a time, that's what I am going to do. You have a child and losing weight could easily be the best gift you will ever give him. Steady steps will get you there, walk for 15 minutes a day, no matter how slowly. You will increase speed and time spent walking very quickly and once you can walk for 30 minutes add some toning exercises. A PT would be great but they are an additional expense especially when you have a family that need your money. Good luck, remember one day at a time and if that seems too long, break it down to an hour at a time. Stay on track! Sheila
  • Whit_88
    Whit_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    160 is a great weight! That is a great goal. I'm just getting back at this myself. After my grandmother got sick and passed away I turned to food harder than I ever have and went from 168 pounds to 205 (in like 5 months) ... I feel lousy and I'm tired of being as sore/miserable as I am right now. I don't have the energy to play with my 2 boys or walk my dog for long periods of time. Which is unfair to all of them but i'm working on it. You can do this. I can do this. Good luck, doll!