If you are starting out and frustrated

Options
This is a bit strange for me to write because I am just starting out and frustrated myself.

Super quick BIO of me. About 3 years ago I lost 70lbs and kept it off for a year. Then my daughter had brain surgery and ya diets kinda go out the window. Within 2 years I gained all the weight back due to stress. Now I'm back at square one. Recently I have lost 10lbs and I have 40-50lbs to go. I'm 5'1" and currently 170lbs to give you an idea.

The month of Jan I lost the weight but then in Feb I decided to do my usual routine of self-sabotaging myself. Feb was pretty much a bust because I am a binge eater and I binge eat at least 4-5 times a weeks if not the whole week.

I got VERY frustrated with myself. So sick of eating right through the day and then screwing it ALL up at night. The sad part is I have an elliptical... ya I'm looking at the stupid thing but wasn't using it!!!! Yes, I have a hip problem and working out leads to me hurting BUT how am I ever going to get the weight off to help my hip if I DON'T work out?!

I had taken my measurements two weeks prior and stepped on the scale yesterday. My water weight it always up and down so the scales is just horrific for me! I had a 4 lb weight gain and before I got depressed I measured myself again. I had lost 10" total! I measured myself 3 times and kept looking at the paper to make sure I wasn't making a huge mistake. The inches I lost was in major areas the show my weight like my waist and hips.

Even though I struggled for 2 weeks. Even though I didn't workout every day or eat exactly as I should ever day the little things I did GREATLY helped. This doesn't mean you should eat like horse for a bunch of days and just eat right a few and expect results but this gave me the motivation to get even better so I can see more of a change!

That is my whole point of this.... Even though you screw up one day (or a few days) doesn't mean you can't find some change. Lets not even talk about weight. Since working out on my elliptical (20 to 30 mins a few days a week) and causally walking in the evening (just a few times a week around the block) I have found new energy (and I have a thing called chronic fatigue, ya it's lovely) and all the extra water I have been drinking my skin is finally getting back to normal.

I beat myself up because the last time I lost weight I was the greatest at it. EVERYDAY I ate perfect and worked out like I never did before but life changes. Things happen that is out of your control and you have to change your whole life and adjust. That is okay and that doesn't mean you need to give up.

I still have many issues I need to work through but we can all get there. Please friend me if you need motivation (especially if you are a binge eater) I hope this will help someone that is in my same situation

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This is awesome. It is amazing how the weightloss journey can be completely different for a person at different times in their life, even if they know exactly
    what to do. Sometimes it is a struggle and sometimes less so, but it is totally worth it. I wish you the best as you progress!
  • Michelle2succeed
    Michelle2succeed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do i add you as a friend? This is my first attempt to become active with other people & im not sure how
  • daizirose
    daizirose Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I added you :)
  • 1passionseeker
    1passionseeker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Added you.... Thanks your story relieved me of my guilt for eating my sweets,I'll try again. Thanks
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You don't have to exercise in order to lose the weight. You can do that with your diet. I would try losing that way first and as you get thinner you could add some exercise when you feel better able to do it. Don't beat yourself up though. You are in the right place and moving in the right direction!
  • perkymommy
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I can be a compulsive eater when I have something I like. If I bought a big bag of Doritos, I can't eat just a couple and put the bag away. I'd keep going until the bag was gone.

:D:D I just gave my kids doritos with their grilled cheese for lunch and had to eat 2. I can't believe I put the bag away after only 2. I love doritos!
  • perkymommy
    Options
    How do i add you as a friend? This is my first attempt to become active with other people & im not sure how

You add a friend by clicking on their profile picture and once that box comes up you click on their profile picture again and it gives you the option to friend request them.
  • rjsprl
    rjsprl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow. I figured it was a taboo to mention the bad eating habits outside of the "doctors office". I beat myself and keep doing it until I am sick. Can't stop eating my chips and candy bars (dark chocolate)...like that makes a big differences. I'm going to ask you add me would love to be able to hold eachother and others accountable!!! :)
  • sunrisedmb
    sunrisedmb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is a bit strange for me to write because I am just starting out and frustrated myself.

Super quick BIO of me. About 3 years ago I lost 70lbs and kept it off for a year. Then my daughter had brain surgery and ya diets kinda go out the window. Within 2 years I gained all the weight back due to stress. Now I'm back at square one. Recently I have lost 10lbs and I have 40-50lbs to go. I'm 5'1" and currently 170lbs to give you an idea.

The month of Jan I lost the weight but then in Feb I decided to do my usual routine of self-sabotaging myself. Feb was pretty much a bust because I am a binge eater and I binge eat at least 4-5 times a weeks if not the whole week.

I got VERY frustrated with myself. So sick of eating right through the day and then screwing it ALL up at night. The sad part is I have an elliptical... ya I'm looking at the stupid thing but wasn't using it!!!! Yes, I have a hip problem and working out leads to me hurting BUT how am I ever going to get the weight off to help my hip if I DON'T work out?!

I had taken my measurements two weeks prior and stepped on the scale yesterday. My water weight it always up and down so the scales is just horrific for me! I had a 4 lb weight gain and before I got depressed I measured myself again. I had lost 10" total! I measured myself 3 times and kept looking at the paper to make sure I wasn't making a huge mistake. The inches I lost was in major areas the show my weight like my waist and hips.

Even though I struggled for 2 weeks. Even though I didn't workout every day or eat exactly as I should ever day the little things I did GREATLY helped. This doesn't mean you should eat like horse for a bunch of days and just eat right a few and expect results but this gave me the motivation to get even better so I can see more of a change!

That is my whole point of this.... Even though you screw up one day (or a few days) doesn't mean you can't find some change. Lets not even talk about weight. Since working out on my elliptical (20 to 30 mins a few days a week) and causally walking in the evening (just a few times a week around the block) I have found new energy (and I have a thing called chronic fatigue, ya it's lovely) and all the extra water I have been drinking my skin is finally getting back to normal.

I beat myself up because the last time I lost weight I was the greatest at it. EVERYDAY I ate perfect and worked out like I never did before but life changes. Things happen that is out of your control and you have to change your whole life and adjust. That is okay and that doesn't mean you need to give up.

I still have many issues I need to work through but we can all get there. Please friend me if you need motivation (especially if you are a binge eater) I hope this will help someone that is in my same situation

Yes. You can always do better next day. Never give up?
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Added you.... Thanks your story relieved me of my guilt for eating my sweets,I'll try again. Thanks

If those sweets fit your calories, there's no reason to feel guilty! :)
    rjsprl wrote: »
    wow. I figured it was a taboo to mention the bad eating habits outside of the "doctors office". I beat myself and keep doing it until I am sick. Can't stop eating my chips and candy bars (dark chocolate)...like that makes a big differences. I'm going to ask you add me would love to be able to hold eachother and others accountable!!! :)

If you cannot stop, moderate. Include them in your daily calorie goal.
  • leopardlady1975
    leopardlady1975 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »

You add a friend by clicking on their profile picture and once that box comes up you click on their profile picture again and it gives you the option to friend request them.
    perkymommy wrote: »

I tried and didn't see an add friend option.
  • leopardlady1975
    leopardlady1975 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Never mind I see the icon to add!