Hello! I'm new here. I started keto a week ago.

Options
I'm 6 months postpartum and I want to lose 100lbs. I've been on keto for a week, and I don't have a scale so I have no idea how it's going. I feel less boosted though. I can't figure out how to make my macros default for every day on this app. When I go to a different day it's set back to the apps default, which is obviously set to low fat. Hmmm. But yeah, I'm super excited.!

Replies

• Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My home > goals > daily nutrition goals

You can only set it by percentage unless you're a premium user, but then you can set by grams as well.

Fat it up and lean it down, girl.
  • Niples_
    Niples_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are highlighting the days of the week you are setting your goals for. You might have set your goals for just 1 day.

Also, I recommend this to everyone trying keto. Don't focus so much on high fat everything and adding butter to things just because. Try to increase you protein intake as well, you'll find that you can eat a lot more when eating lean meats and feel more satisfied.
  • hmikkola92
    hmikkola92 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Yep, I went in blind and I'm doing pretty well. I was at 5% carbs, 65% fat, and 30% protein. I'm loving this, I feel healthier already. And I drink a lot of water now too. BTW in my first post it was supposed to say "bloated" not boosted. Lol.
  • tlucas69
    tlucas69 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi....I also just started on keto. I'm on day 4! Sending good vibes to you!!
  • hmikkola92
    Options
    Thank you! Same to you
  • TomKershawUK
    TomKershawUK Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll do well. I've lost around 90-100lbs by gradual adoption of low carb. Would second the idea to get sufficient protein and not add extra butter for the sake of it. Oh, and do some resistance training if you can.
  • hmikkola92
    Options
    Thank you. That's awesome! Kudos to you. And yes I don't really like butter and oily stuff, I just use butter now in the pan instead of margarine. Don't really pile it on stuff. I do like mayo mixed with Sriracha though! And yes I have had a gym membership for 2 years. Just have to actually go lol.
  • MzCongeniality70
    MzCongeniality70 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I would love some new keto friends if anyone would like to add me :smile:
  • nemoskitchen
    nemoskitchen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Keto too! Dairy free. Just starting on MFP, but been eating clean for 2 years... Most of the time. Lost 20kg in 2015 and am maintaining now. Find me @nemoskitchen if you want to connect :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group