Support issues in groups

Options
CAMOLOVELADY
CAMOLOVELADY Posts: 34 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
I am part of a number of groups. All in which I feel would benefit me with the motivation, support and tips on how I can keep a positive attitude with my weight loss journey. However, I have not received a response in any of my groups and I check them quite regularly. So if there are no responses, how are people supposed to stay positive, keep on track or even know if they are doing the right things if they receive no responses? I am at a point right now where I am ready to leave all of the groups I am in because I feel it is not worth it. Anyone else have this issue in the groups they are members of? If so, how do you react when you don't get a response after posting a problem, question or even a praise? All suggestions, help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ladyannique2017
    ladyannique2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Assuming you've waited a few days for responses and got nothing. I would leave the groups and just keep looking for a group until you find one where you do get responses. Being ignored can be very demotivating.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I think that I am in 8 groups on MFP and only one is actually active. Is the group you are talking about active in general but ignoring your posts? Or is in fairly inactive? Easiest way to judge that is to look at the date of activity of the threads on the first page.
  • SammiG01
    SammiG01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I find more support through MFP friends rather than groups. I keep a reasonable number of friends so that I can support and get to know them all, at least a bit. It works for me. Feel free to add me if you'd care to. I'm active here everyday, I log everyday and my diary is open.