Is it worth it to upgrade my myfitnesspal account?

Options
Has anybody upgraded their myfitnesspal account? It seems to have a lot more feature but idk if It would be worth it to pay for it or not

Replies

• FlightInWinter
    FlightInWinter Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I have the premium, my wife didn't. She now has it because she saw the difference it was making for me. Fifty bucks per year is less than the cost of a doctor's visit and look at it this way, you might not need after the first year because you will have adopted good habits by then.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    What does Premium give you over 'ordinary'?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What does Premium give you over 'ordinary'?

Customized macro goals, ability to set different calorie goals on different days, higher breakdown of meals, and ad-free. None of which interest me and don't fix the problems already around the free version.
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Same here Kriss; I guess you're not in the US either. For me, 50 bucks is a 50 bucks (40 pounds) increase on what I'd pay to see my doctor. I'm intrigued as to what I'd gain from Premium and in what way it makes a difference.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The community has helped just as much if not moreso than the app. I love that it's brought all of us "positive" and/or "optimistic" folks together.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I am in agreement with @malibu927 -- With how laggy and buggy the app is paying for it seems counter productive, its like renting an apartment, the fridge is broke and the landlord won't replace it but you still pay the rent in full and it still doesn't get fixed.

Soooooo much this! With how horribly the app is running nowadays there is no way I would be paying for anything extra. I can barely use what I have now!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,913 Member
    Options
    On principle, I refuse to pay for Premium until the glitchy, cluttered database is cleaned up. (Premium and free use the same DB.)

Also, Support used to fix system entries with errors when I reported them but stopped.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    What I want to know is premium still slow, clunky and crashing all the time?

Cause I'd probably pay to be able to log a meal without the app closing with each ingredient added, or to be able to scroll through my newsfeed without the screen freezing ... but no WAY would I pay if these problems would continue.
  • TheRambler
    TheRambler Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I have premium free with my Samsung Gearfit2 watch. Just got it, but it seems cool. I will play around with it for a week and let you know. I would have to figure out how it benefits me.
  • JesseWilson1
    JesseWilson1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Upgraded specifically for setting specific Macros, also lets me see my remaining macros Immediately when I log on the dashboard instead of just calories. You can also have your macros set differently per day of the week if needed. You can track exercise without increasing calorie goal. It gives you a decent food analysis to see which foods you ate are good/bad for you and why (e.g. you ate something crazy high in sodium and you didn't realize it).

And, no ads. Honestly its prob not worth it for most but I do flexible dieting and Macros are my number one thing to track and Ive been using MFP for so long that I didn't want to change to a different app to be focused on Macros and not have to mess around figuring them out. So, it was convenience for me. Also I have never had any problems with the app glitching or bugging out. Everything works perfect. Typically if people have those kinds of issues, its the device or phone you're using the app on.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    i got the premium with my gear fit 2 it doesnt benefit me in any way