Have to start somewhere

Options
cdkelly
cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
I'm a 37 yr old single mom of two teenagers (one of each) with a awesome but demanding career (lots of business travel which is horrible for trying to stay healthy). I have been living an unhealthy lifestyle for the most part for the past 2-3 years. Gained 25 lbs and am seriously out of shape. I have let stress take over and have not taken very good care of myself... but it's time to get back to a healthy and confident me! I want to lose 30 lbs and feel strong, fit and healthy. I've used this app before and it's helpful but I never have anyone holding me accountable so I thought maybe if I join the community here maybe that would make the difference.

Thanks for having me....and I wish you all the best in your healthy lifestyle goals as well!

Ck

Replies

• Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me. I have goals and motivation. I'm a mom two children myself 23 and one 2. And i am a nurse at night so i know how things can be. 1 day at a time.
  • cdkelly
    Options
    Thanks Angel! Today is day one and I slept in til 11:30 lol. Oops. Not good cause then I missed breakfast and am behind. I'm still determined to get to the gym today though.
    The worst part is I weighed myself and realized that I'm actually 8 lbs heavier than I thought. That's after one week of work travel. Crazy. So I actually want to lose 38 lbs.
    I am still trying to figure out how to add people, but I will try! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • Whosof
    Whosof Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is never toi late, and actually you're good looking so going to the gym would be an advantage, you can do it
  • cdkelly
    Options
    thanks for the compliment and encouragement!
  • runsiren13
    runsiren13 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Busy Mom of 2 here but one is out of the house. I have a problem with weekend accountability myself and seem to lose at a snail's pace. If you want some help with that feel free to add me.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    This is a great community for support with your fitness goals. I used to travel for business, as well. Just because you are traveling and carrying strange hours doesn't mean you have to make unhealthy choices. You just have to think about it a little bit and make the best choices your can.

Most hotels I've stayed in (even the cheaper ones) usually have either a pool or a fitness room. Sometimes both. I don't belong to a gym, so I really enjoy taking advantage of those opportunities. I've often been the only one in the fitness room early in the morning or late at night. I've also just gone to the hotel pool and did aqua aerobics or swim a few laps. Sometimes yoga in my room along with using exercise bands, put on some cool music and light a candle. Consider it sort of a spa-fitness-vacation-business trip. Go searching for healthy food options whether it be a nearby restaurant or a grocery store. I always carry an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack so I can carry fresher food. Refreeze the ice pack in the hotel mini fridge/freezer, etc. I always pack lemons and Ziploc bags so I can have lemon water. Maybe kind of weird, but it has worked for me.

Good luck!

• IsairizVega
    IsairizVega Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! Best of luck in accomplishing your goals. Perhaps we can encourage one another in this tough, yet doable journey/lifestyle change.
  • Colorado1runner
    Colorado1runner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Let's do it! Accountability here we come
  • cdkelly
    Options
    Great ideas! Thank you all for the encouragement and support.
  • terrijnol
    terrijnol Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me and we can do this together :) I am new here as well and am working my way back after 5 surgeries last year!! Gotta start somewhere!