fish

Options
perkymommy
perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
How often does everyone eat fish in a week?

Tell me some ways you prepare it. I usually bake mine with new orleans spicy seasoning on it and a little EVOO. I will sometimes dredge it in some panko too. I also eat tuna 1-2 times per week.

Replies

• wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Salmon once every week or two; pan sear it on both sides, then in oven on very low for another 10-15 minutes till done. I'm learning that there's an awful lot of pollution in fish, so although it's got the omega's, it's not really that healthy to eat too much of it. We like shrimp once or twice a month, too, just boiled with some Old Bay seasoning.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I eat canned/pouched tuna often enough. I use a mix of mustard, mayo, or soy sauce in my tuna. I usually eat it with something high in carbs like crackers, bread, or pasta.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    None. It's totally not necessary
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options

It is if you like eating fish. ???
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

Some on here would say the same about grains, fruit and vegetables. Shrugs.
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sockeye salmon poached in miso. Or just baked with lemon pepper.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    2-3 times a week. It's usually either a filet of wild sockeye salmon, baked in aluminum foil in the toaster oven with salt & pepper, or a simple can of sardines packed in either water or olive oil.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I fail at fishcookery, so I never do it. But I do eat one of those tuna pouches about once a week.

(Those pouches also make a great backpacking protein source. I hate cooking - and cleaning up after cooking - when I'm out in the wilderness. What a pain in the butt that is.)
  • Maio44
    Maio44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Steamed. A thick slab of steamed snapper, with garlic, ginger and teriyaki sauce on Asian greens, also steamed. Love it.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I try to incorporate fish and/seafood into my diet several times a week (1 to 2x from sushi). I eat shrimp 3-4x a week because it's high in protein (just with cocktail sauce). I cook salmon in a variety of ways. Tonight I will be cooking in EVOO and a sea salt/garlic mixture.

It may not be necessary, but there is substantial amounts of research promoting the benefits from fish.
  • ladyannique2017
    ladyannique2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yuck. I hate fish.
    They make good pets though.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I eat whiting/salmon/tilapia/sardines two to three times per day when bulking.

When cutting, tuna three to five times per day.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Depends on the fish. Grocery day I get whatever looks good. I love good wild caught salmon and will go with a brown sugar, soy sauce based marinade, typically on the grill. Cod goes well in a butter sauce and paprika, in a foil pouch. If you can get good quality whole catfish, they do well in foil stuffed with a bunch of fresh dill.

Good tuna just needs soy and Wasabi, hold the heat.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat fish most days as it is my wife and I's primary "meat" source. In maintenance however I eat vegetarian 3 days per week usually...I eat more meat when I'm dieting to increase my protein and drop it back a bit in maintenance.

I cook it in a pretty wide variety of ways since we eat it so often...I get most things off pinterest.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    A pouch or can of tuna with a boiled egg and mayo once or twice a week. And usually sauteed shrimp for dinner once a week. An occasional salmon patty dinner. If I go out, fried flounder or crab cakes are frequent choices, but nothing I bother to cook.