Mom of 3 back at it!

Options
Hey guys! Here's my story...

I have struggled with my weight and body image most of my life. I actually remember in elementary school a boy that I liked pointed out that when I sat on my knees, my thighs squished out. I wondered if that was normal or if something was wrong with me. I tried some crash dieting, but never really stuck with anything. In 2008, I was inspired by a series at our church of all things to start running! I didn't change my eating habits, but I noticed my body getting stronger, tighter, and smaller! By winter, I became pregnant with my daughter (my firstborn). I gained a lot of weight, and I had a c-section. After delivery, the weight came off slowly, but naturally until I just got stuck. I tried different things to lose it, but nothing really clicked for me. I was battling depression and feeling like I was sort of stuck in life. In 2011, a friend of mine told me about an app her daughter was using called My Fitness Pal, so I looked it up. It made a lot of sense to me, and I was excited to get started. My husband came home from work that night and I said something like, I don't care if you want to do this or not, I'm doing this. I would really appreciate your support. So, in February of 2011, we started MFP. I lost a total of 30 pounds, and my husband lost over 50!! Later that year, I became pregnant with my 2 child, and had a very healthy and active pregnancy. Afterwards, I was able to snap back into shape without much trouble, but the last 10 pounds just stuck. At the end of 2013, my husband and I were falling apart. He had an affair, and wanted a divorce. I remember feeling like my world was crumbling. For days, I couldn't eat, and dropped significant amounts of weight in a very short period of time. Eventually, things began to get better, and we started therapy. When I was able to eat normally again, the pounds just packed on. I gained everything back and my weight continued to steadily increase, until I was a little heavier than when I first started MFP in 2011. And then... I became pregnant with my 3rd child in 2015. I gained a lot of weight, and was uncomfortable for most of the pregnancy. Now, I am at my highest non pregnant weight I have ever been for any extended amount of time. My baby is 7 months old, and life is a little crazy (but I love it!). I am a teacher, and my husband works in the automotive field, so our time is precious. I have been back and working on a healthier me for just over 2 weeks now, and I've lost about 3.5 lbs! I'm looking forward to finding that best version of myself for me and my family! Any friends who want to join me in my journey would be appreciated!! Best of luck to all of you! I am determined!

Replies

• Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Welcome back sweetheart it's awesome. I have goals and motivation feel free to add me
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I just sent you a friend request!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Good luck to you. I am a mother of 3 bio kids and 2 stepkids. Never a dull moment for sure! I am sending you a F/R.
  • duhitskriss
    duhitskriss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm a mom of three as well. My 7, 2 & 6 months. You can do this. I'm sending you a friend request.
  • healthylisa38
    healthylisa38 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mom to a 17 year old son and have twin boys who passed away in 2008 and I can't have any more kids which is ok. I work at a daycare and always treat them as they are my own and they love that please y'all feel free to add me as a friend I'm always looking for new friends
  • mselissa78
    mselissa78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You got this!!
    Sending you a friend request!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been at it again since January. I'm a mom of 4 (12, 9, 8 & 2). Always looking for new mommy friends.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 3--3 1/2 yo son and 10 month old twin girls. Life happens and I'm glad you and your husband decided to recommit to one another. Good luck to you!
  • filipa2011
    filipa2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Seems like this is THE support group. I'm a teacher too. I have two kids, one bio and one step kid, both with disabilities. Life is busy!
    We have a big family reunion in a few months and i want to lose the weight for that... But really drop the weight for good.
    I'm doing low carb atkins.
    I don't know how to add friends ... So all of you ... Add me!
    Fil