Help defining which body type I am.

Options
angelicar8940
angelicar8940 Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2017 in Getting Started
[Images removed by staff]

Not sure if this right place to ask. Very confused, I entered my measurements (most prominent part of bust, smallest area on the waist and widest on hips.) on http://shopyourshape.com/body-shapes/. And it identified me as a straight/ruler. Measurements: 34-27-33. I am pretty sure I am an apple shape?? Widest part is my upper back and waist with slim legs/butt.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    To be honest you look hourglass to me

Me too.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • angelicar8940
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'd love for this to be true, though I'm not. Different shot, further from camera.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You look like an hourglass to me . In both pics.
  • angelicar8940
    Options
    I think my natural shape may be rectangular. Just in the weight I'm in right now, I have a sort of hourglass look. If i were to gain more it would go to my tummy haha
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You look like me. Your waist isn't small enough to be hourglass. I've done all kinds of body shape calculators things and all I get is 'rectangle' or something like that.

My measurements are 38/30/36 or something. Not overweight, just a larger frame. I think you need a 10 inch difference between waist and hips to be hourglass or something?

Either way, kinda a pain to find clothes that look good. Jeans are the worst PITA as they either fall off or give me a muffin top. I love 'fit and flare' dresses though. Have you found something that works?
  • angelicar8940
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hey, thanks for replying! Oh You're right. Definitely not hourglass.

Yes! I have such a hard time with jeans. :/ Feels impossible for them to fit well enough on both my lower body and waist to wear well fitted/tight shirts without creating an unflattering look. I wear jeans that fit tight on the waist most of the time though, that's the only way I've gotten them to look best on my legs/butt. I wear a looser top to hide the muffin top.

I find myself wearing dresses most of the time cause it's easier than trying on so many different clothes. I've very short and don't like wearing any that too passed the knee. Fitted on top and loose at bottom.
    It won't be soon that I do, but once I join the gym I'll be looking to work on weight lifting as see if that will help change my shape to make it more proportionate. Build muscle all around. Focusing on my lower body to build legs/butt and slim down.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    My waist is always 10 inches smaller than my busy and hips
    I'm always the same measurement bust and hips
    I think that's hourglass
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hourglass
  • catmomfat
    catmomfat Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    My waist is always 10 inches smaller than my busy and hips
    I'm always the same measurement bust and hips
    I think that's hourglass

I'm the same way. My hips and breasts are always within a one inch measurement of each other, and I'm a D cup, so I'm pretty busty, but my waist is always about 10-11 inches smaller than my hips and bust, no matter what my weight is.
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Probably straight, the one inch difference between bust and hips isn't much and for an hour glass it's supposed to be your waist is at least 9 inches smaller than the bust. People always assume hourglass if the top and bottom are the same but not necessarily.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'd love for this to be true, though I'm not. Different shot, further from camera.

This is a bad picture for determining body shape, because there are shadows between your arms and torso that obscure the outline of your body, and makes it look as though your waist is wider than it is.