New here

Options
sg4e
sg4e Posts: 9 Member
Good morning everyone! I'm jessica and am new to MyFitnessPal. I'm by No means new to the weight loss community though. I have tried a bunch of different diets before with small goals achieved every time. I usually loose around 30-50lbs every time I diet. However it takes me no time at all to put it all back on.
My last diet was with weight watchers. I lost about 50lbs and was down to 163lbs at 5'2". But within 4 months was back to almost 190lbs. I am hoping this time will be different. With the help of MyFitnessPal I am hoping to loose about 80-85 lbs. my goal is around 105-110. I have a thyroid problem that I have had my entire life and it sometimes makes it difficult to loose the weight. Recently I have realized that for a long time now I have used it as an excuse, and I need to STOP! If anyone has experience with weight loss and hypothyroidism please feel free to chime in. Yes I have a doctor involved with this but they don't always understand the struggle. Thanks for listening! Good luck to all!

Replies

• klingonbarbie
    klingonbarbie Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i too have thyroid problems but despite being a healthy vegan who only eats 1500 cals a day, i can only loose about 2lbs in a month, i gained 5 stone in a less than a year, i'm short at only 5'8 3.4" & weigh a staggering 190lbs but through my fitness pal & monitoring what i eat I haven't gainesd any weight since starting up agaiun my daily logs a few weeks ago
  • lighteryew
    lighteryew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    <3 ok im back...trying to lose this weight with hypothyroidism is a struggle but at least I now know why ive been big my whole life. Im 60 now never had insurance now with medicare im finally able to go see doctors to help me. Taking meds for a year now but not much weight loss..I have to get serious with this food addiction. Hope getting this premium fitness pal I will find someone to be a mentor to me to try to help motivate me . Im home alone a lot with my thoughts and food .
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't have thyroid issues but I do have weight issues. Lol. I have heard that it is hard to loose when you have hypothyroidism. It's a struggle without it so with it must be double the trouble! I have been on mfp for almost a year. Starting weight was 304 and current weight is 250. I have a bad back and bc of that I usually do water exercise. I am on daily and log all my food. I am active to with my mfp family. I will and you all friend requests and anyone after is welcome to send me one. Good luck on your journeys!!