Help me please! Recovering from an eating disorder

Options
ezaminabunnie
ezaminabunnie Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm in the middle of recovering from an eating disorder. I'm already at a healthy weight, but I want to lose weight again. The healthy way of course. I need tips and tricks to losing weight and getting toned. My goal is to be HEALTHY and not skinny anymore. All help will make me happy. :)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?

Do your treatment team know you want to lose weight?
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I'm already at a healthy weight

If you are already at a healthy weight - you do not need to diet. Please be careful. You only get one body so please take care of it.

• ezaminabunnie
    ezaminabunnie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?

I actually haven't talked to them in over a year, but I might contact them about it. But I'll only do that if I'm getting negative thoughts about my self again. Now I'm actually happy about my self, but I want to get into a more healthy life style.
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If you are considering losing weight again, make sure to talk to your treatment team to make sure you do it healthily. Eating disorders are terrifying, and we would all hate for you to succumb to that beast again.

I agree .

Map out a plan with your therapist ( treatment team ) so that they are aware of your goals. They can help you with your target goal in a healthy way. My only tip is to be kind to your body ❤ Weight loss will come with being consistent and patient .

-Positive thoughts to you ezaminabunnie
  • CaffeinatedRats
    CaffeinatedRats Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What are your stats?

I actually haven't talked to them in over a year, but I might contact them about it. But I'll only do that if I'm getting negative thoughts about my self again. Now I'm actually happy about my self, but I want to get into a more healthy life style.

I would definitely contact them before starting and take their advice. They want you to be healthy too. <3
  • cprbrat17
    cprbrat17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Instead of thinking about dieting and losing weight, focus maybe on eating healthy foods and whole foods and working out to be healthier. And yea talking to people could help from falling back to that again. Be careful.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm in the middle of recovering from an eating disorder. I'm already at a healthy weight, but I want to lose weight again. The healthy way of course. I need tips and tricks to losing weight and getting toned. My goal is to be HEALTHY and not skinny anymore. All help will make me happy. :)

Since you're already at a healthy weight, what you probably actually want is body recomposition rather than weight loss.

Look into a progressive weight lifting program such as New Rules of Lifting for Women, which was available in my library system, so perhaps yours as well.

Do also discuss your goals with your treatment team.