Anyone have feedback on Jenny Craig?

Options
Today is was day one on Jenny Craig.. all I do is eat.. can anyone give me feed back? TYIA also follow my journal! Request me.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Try the search function:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=&search=jenny+craig&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=

Not sure why you need to pay for Jenny Craig when you've already got MyFitnessPal for free.

MFP has recipes, tips, fitness advice, and the biggie, it lets you accurately measure your calorie intake so you eat little enough to lose weight, but also enough that you don't starve yourself.

Are you advertising for Jenny Craig? I've seen you post this the other day.
  • yweight1969
    yweight1969 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Some.people.dont want to cook and take the guess work out of calorie counting, I did Jenny once it works but became to expensive for me. Good.luck with it.
  • timma300
    timma300 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Some.people.dont want to cook and take the guess work out of calorie counting, I did Jenny once it works but became to expensive for me. Good.luck with it.

But you don't learn any good habits if everything is portioned for you. As soon as you're done losing weight, how do you maintain?

Also, how does Jenny Craig compare to regular packaged frozen meals in the grocery? Seems to me that if you are dead set on having all of your meals ready to heat and pre-portioned, that you could just buy them much cheaper at the grocery store without paying any membership fees.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Today is was day one on Jenny Craig.. all I do is eat.. can anyone give me feed back? TYIA also follow my journal! Request me.

I sent you a friend request.

I've never used Jenny Craig but I do Weight Watchers along with MFP and have always had success as long I stick to measuring/weighing my meals.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I do JC because I don't cook and have absolutely no interest in doing it. I prefer the taste of their food to the frozen foods in the store. They are much lower in sodium too.

It's all about personal preference. I just like their food and never had any interest in cooking.

I am in my 2nd year of maintenance tracking calories on MFP and using their foods. I didn't do any consultations when I was losing weight. I somewhat used them like a grocery store. Instead of getting the cheaper frozen meals at the store, I purchase their food. Other than that, I did lots of my own research on weight loss and maintenance and works for me.

Good luck!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    the vast majority of people I know who have tried JC over the years have put all the weight, plus some that they lost back on when they went off the program - because it didn't teach them good eating habit
  • Ready2Lose400
    Ready2Lose400 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Jenny Craig people add me !!! I joined today !!
  • enzaloccisano
    enzaloccisano Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jenny Craig people add me !!! I joined today !!

I weigh in on Wednesday! Week two. Can't wait. My first week I lost over 5lbs.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Found it hideously expensive with sub-par food. Having to buy separate food for my partner was what made me give it up - it more than doubled my weekly food bill. Sure I lost weight, but it was a pretty miserable experience and I feel that their policy of not teaching you any lasting habits until you get close to maintenance really just guarantees them repeat business.

And before you get snippy, there are rules against posting the same thread multiple times.