Weekend Time !? How do you stay on Track?

Options
Soooo it's here. Another weekend

I find it to be the most difficult time not to stray off track.

We are always out all day and tend to eat out all day ....

What do you all do to keep your food choices relatively healthy ?!

This is something that is super challenging for me.

Tips ?

xx

Replies

• MegaTunez11
    MegaTunez11 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    you don't. time to splurge
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a bit more at the weekend so I just exercise more to counter balance it! Also when I eat out at places, I try to go for at least slightly healthier options. For example, I order a burger without the bun and swap the chips for salad xx
  • anniehiver24
    anniehiver24 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    briohne128 wrote: »
    I tend to eat a bit more at the weekend so I just exercise more to counter balance it! Also when I eat out at places, I try to go for at least slightly healthier options. For example, I order a burger without the bun and swap the chips for salad xx

I agree you shouldn't deprive yourself entirely, the above strategy is actually a good one!

Everyone needs a break sometimes, just try to strategize it :)
  • wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I don't like the substitutions, lol. If I eat out, I want junk food.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I look for healthier places to eat. "Whole in the Wall" is just one of the restaurants we found just looking around for something different and healthy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I don't use my weekends for rest days...weekends are when I actually have time to train so they tend to be heavier training days.

I also like eating well so avoiding crappy food and fast food really isn't an issue. When we go out, there are plenty of delicious and nutritious options available.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It's easy! I don't. :s
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,120 Member
    Options
    I exercise a lot on the weekend. That gives me more calories to consume.

For example, last weekend (9 days ago), my husband and I cycled a 213 km long distance ride (randonnee).

This past weekend, my husband and I cycled 100 km on Saturday, 76 km on Sunday and wrapped up the long weekend with 41.7 km today. :)
  • annteja
    annteja Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always end up eating way to much on Saturdays.. It's not really the eating out or cooking for more people, it's just me eating what I don't need. I have no idea what the deal with Saturdays is... :/
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I "stay on track" still. Just be sure to record everything so you can average out the excess calories next week.
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'll give myself one day on indulgence and rest. However I still try not to go over my allowed calories for the day.. Doesn't always work then there's pizza and ice cream!! lol And a couple frosty beers eyeballin me in the fridge! :o
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    BaddS4 wrote: »
    I'll give myself one day on indulgence and rest. However I still try not to go over my allowed calories for the day.. Doesn't always work then there's pizza and ice cream!! lol And a couple frosty beers eyeballin me in the fridge! :o

I still have pizza and ice cream, but I quit beer. It tastes terrible. Flavored vodka is stronger and doesn't smell like urine nor make me feel disgusting and gassy lol
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't like the substitutions, lol. If I eat out, I want junk food.

LOL! SAME!!! So i just order what I want (Usually the most unhealthy thing on the menu lol) but i try to eat only half. If i go with the healthy option and it doesnt taste as satisfying or good ill just feel deprived then might end up binging on dessert when I get home.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Perhaps "saving" some calories from the week to be "used" on the weekend would help. Eat 100 calories below your goal Monday-Friday and don't eat your exercise calories. This will give you 500+exercise calories to be able to indulge over your goal on the weekend.
    Having the saved calories plus opting for some lower cal options should keep you on goal.

You can do this. It's a matter of learning to balance things. You're well on your way.
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    I struggle on weekends too. It helps when weather is nice and I can do outdoor activities.