Help: trying to lose 10 more lbs!

Options
So I eat like just under 140. I'm 5'5" and 24 years old. I lost about 25 lbs and have kept it off in the past almost 2 years. I seem to be stuck at this weight. I eat 1200 calories a day and work out 5-6 days a week and burn 400-700 calories a workout. I drink 11 cups of water a day and my meals are very healthy. Any tips for losing this last 10 lbs?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It's doubtful you need to eat so little to lose weight
  • TrekkieLianne
    TrekkieLianne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism has probably slowed down because you've pushed your body into starvation mode with that diet. I'd add 100 daily calories a week until you get up to maintenance. Stay there a couple of months and let your metabolism recover. Then when you go back to losing, zig-zag your calories above, below and at your desired intake level. And do what Kriss says: weigh and measure every bite. When going to restaurants, err on the side of overestimation. Good luck!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    So some days you're only netting 500 calories? Or is your net 1200 after you add in your exercise calories?
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How are you calculating your calories burned? Are you eating those back? How are you calculating your 1200 calories you eat a day? You're at a healthy weight so losing 10 lbs. is going to be a slow process. You don't have a lot of wiggle room so you have to be as accurate as possible.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Give it time. I'm right about your height/weight but older. I put in my info to MFP and chose .5 lb a week loss. I'm eating more than it says with exercise (eating most calories back) and losing slowly. I'm eating 1600-1800 calories a day while exercising and losing. It's so much easier to stick to when you aren't hungry all the time.
  • kozmonsta
    kozmonsta Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I use a meat scale and measure all my food I eat so it's accurate. And yea I eat 1200 and burn off the 500 cal but don't eat what I. Uber off bc I'm just not hungry honestly

• Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    kozmonsta wrote: »
    I use a meat scale and measure all my food I eat so it's accurate. And yea I eat 1200 and burn off the 500 cal but don't eat what I. Uber off bc I'm just not hungry honestly

You said you use a meat scale and measure your food. Do you weigh all of your food on a scale?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You're going to do yourself some serious damage if you carry on like that.
  • kozmonsta
    Options

Maxematics wrote: »

You said you use a meat scale and measure your food. Do you weigh all of your food on a scale?

Yes, whatever needs to be weighed I will weigh. I use measuring cups and spoons.
  • Bronty3
    Bronty3 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Yes, whatever needs to be weighed I will weigh. I use measuring cups and spoons.

All solids should be weighed in grams on the scale and liquids you can use a measuring cup. That is the most accurate as cups and spoons are known to be off with solids.
  • Sandstress1025
    Sandstress1025 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    perhaps you should get your body fat percentage measured. Maybe you have gained muscle with all of your exercising. Also, you might need more calories. One of the trainers at my gym showed me a photo of her at the same exact weight years ago but far less muscle percentage. Amazing!
  • kozmonsta
    Options
    Bronty3 wrote: »

All solids should be weighed in grams on the scale and liquids you can use a measuring cup. That is the most accurate as cups and spoons are known to be off with solids.

Yes, I know. I use a scale to weigh my solids. And all liquids and everything else I will make sure I have the exact portion using measuring cups and measuring spoons