Anyone here from Oregon or Washington

Options
rarellan
rarellan Posts: 6 Member
Hello I was curious if anyone on MFP is from Oregon or Washington just have something to chit chat. I for one am a little tired of the endless rain this year and its seem like the rain is not going to stop for another few weeks.....:(

Which makes it hard because I am trying to do some road cycling but its not as fun with strong headwinds and rain lol.

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Portland here. Hoping for no rain today. Rode my motorcycle to work.
  • rarellan
    Options
    Nice! yeah the weather has been really wet this year I managed to enjoy a nice bike ride this Sunday but alas it rain again today on Monday
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    No, but I am west coast too... California ;)
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    South Seattle....Rain, Rain, and more Rain! Why do I not live somewhere sunny? :wink:
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    This is always the worst time of year for me...my friends and family around the country are enjoying spring activities like hiking and biking and I am still waiting for the mud to harden enough so I can go on a hike!
  • Legs_McGee23
    Legs_McGee23 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bellingham, WA. At least the nonstop rain makes for fun mud puddles to splash in during runs ;)
  • rarellan
    Options
    California and Vancouver Island count also :) I agree I wish we had some SUN today is nice but its going to rain again tomorrow and I am vacation next week and they are calling for rain lol. Valley Hooper how is California doing with all the rain I heard you the deserts where blooming now.

Ninjarunnings I will agree mud puddles sound so much fun or a mountain bike race in the mud lol. How is Vancouver doing during this weather?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The city or the state?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Got a nice ride in today, in Seattle.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

Bunch of guys I ride with are taking a Motorcycle run down PCH this August. Portland to Coast and down to Santa Monica. Anything along the way you would suggest not missing?

• 5_10diaries
    5_10diaries Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Arcata, California! At the top of California...been getting so much rain too ;__;
  • haianna4nguyen
    haianna4nguyen Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Pdx here. I'm heading to Disneyland for spring break to give my kids a real spring break with sunshine. Not the liquid sunshine we get here in pdx or SeaTac!
  • butcher206
    butcher206 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Seattle
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I went to Portland to visit my son, daughter-in-law and grandson last month. It rained the whole time I was there, about 30 minutes of sun the whole time. I told them in the future I am flying them all to me in Phoenix rather than going up there. Not sure how anyone can live there. I need the sun to power up
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

Bunch of guys I ride with are taking a Motorcycle run down PCH this August. Portland to Coast and down to Santa Monica. Anything along the way you would suggest not missing?

Big Sur.
  • rarellan
    Options
    If you don't like the rain the Pacific Northwest is definitely not the place to live. Your kids are lucky to be headed to Disneyland for spring break. I am just happy spring is here now if the rain would just listen and stop for a few day then it would be perfect. I am taking vacation over spring break I am not sure what I am doing but I am going to try to enjoy the holidays.