Healthy Food that satisfies my Craving?

Options
2»

Replies

• dragonfly1120
    dragonfly1120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm really new to MFP...but I've lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks. I NEEDED pizza the other day. So, I ate some. Just eat a slice - chewed really slow (lol) and not the whole pizza. The new Fiber One brownies are really good for the chocolate cravings. They're very small...and 90 calories, but have lots of fiber. If I deny myself the things I really love, then I'm sure to fail.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    sometimes you jst want something that you know you can't have
    and tortilla pizzas you can have any old day

have some real pizza

Just do it. Count it out and do it up
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Why not make those things with substitutions. For example, when I want pizza I buy a portobello mushroom cap (used in place of crust) and poor light marinera on top of it with 2% moz cheese. Bake then enjoy! For pasta I use spaghetti squash instead of noodles. You get the same fix without the unwanted cals/fat/etc. :)

I tried a portobello mushroom pizza last night! It was surprisingly delicious!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    sometimes you jst want something that you know you can't have
    and tortilla pizzas you can have any old day

have some real pizza

Just do it. Count it out and do it up

This is what I would do. Just eat whatever you want, but make sure to log it, and still try to fit within your calorie goal.

Keep in mind that this should be a lifestyle change, not a diet. So, consider how you want to eat for the rest of your life. Are you really never going to eat pizza or buffalo wings again? I would just eat one slice of pizza and one or two buffalo wings and save the rest as leftovers. Just have what you want, and try not to go overboard.
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    http://www.dailytransformations.com/food-cravings-here-is-what-your-body-really-wants/

Plus you can also make healthier versions of whatever your favorite junk food is.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i have a healthy toasted sandwhich
    i get a wholemeal bread roll and cut it in half or two pieces of toast and put dijon mustard, cottage cheese, ham tomato and onion on it. and put it in the grill. tastes great and you feel likes your cheating but its all good! and i have lettuce cucumber and carrot on the side.
  • BeefyB
    BeefyB Posts: 3
    Options
    I got a healthy pizza recipe online (somewhere). Its wheat tortila, moz cheese, Any and all Veggies you want, top with cheese. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. So good. Very Filling. Good luck!!