TRX

Options
MellowGa
MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
Does anyone here use the TRX suspension system either at a Gym or at home? How is it working for you?

Replies

• SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    I have one and use it from time to time. It's a great burn for me. I love it!
  • mcshaw10
    mcshaw10 Posts: 11
    Options
    Yes! I love it! I have one at home and I use them for clients of all fitness levels at work as well (I'm a personal trainer). :)
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My gym offers it and I have taken it before! Awesome workout! It's harder than it looks!
  • MyJourney11
    Options
    I did it Tuesday and my tricepts are sill screaming in agony!!! But in a good way :happy:
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I took the best TRX cardio class a couple months ago. It was only 1 class for 5 weeks and I noticed a difference and noticed that the definition I got in my abs went away after it stopped. I signed up again but it had low enrollment so it was cancelled, GRRRR
  • MellowGa
    Options
    I would be buying it for my home, just not sure if $189 is worth it, But then again....
  • theMightyAnt
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes. Recommended thoroughly, trains your core!

Though if it just for home use there are cheaper alternatives / (knock offs) eg: ztrainer, in the UK £60 rather than £130)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    i take a class at my gym and love it
  • tallyjo
    tallyjo Posts: 2
    Options
    Does anyone know how many calories you burn during a 30 min session on the TRX? I could not find it listed in MFP exercise data base.
  • MellowGa
    Options
    maybe try working out with a Heart Rate monitor, that is how I came up with my average for weight lifting, because MFP had them really low.

Maybe someone can find and average.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    mellow I do have one, I used to use it but not right now. I just have no place to put it at. They "claim" you can do a ton of exercises, but in reality? not really
  • MellowGa
    Options
    well that is what I am wondeering, how much of it is "marketing fluff" you know the new fad.

I got some exercises from Alwyn Cosgroves book, but Lou Schuler said you can also to the same exercises with a coupe of good dog leashes..lol

They also list "alternative" exercises.....I am not there yet, but preparing, I still ahve a few months to go before I get to that group of exercises in my game plan.

But $189 for a strap?? I think it is way over priced, I may give the dog leashes a try though...could be interesting...lol

I see the push ups as fun and the ball balance with them interesting, but like a towel dumbell curl, usefule, but you don't need a $80 towel to do it., A $1 will do the job