Adviceee

Options
Today was supposed to be a rest day for me (been tired and sore after a hard week of working out) but I "accidentally" ate two Panera cookies at lunch time that were over 400 calories each! I was doing really well before then. Moral of the story, without exericise calories (which I do eat) I only have 1340 calories to eat today, and between breakfast, a banana, and those two cookies I now only have like 50 calories left or something for the whole day! And I never even ate my planned lunc (sandwich) bc of it let alone dinner. So the question is, should I go to the gym to afford more calories for the day? Or do I just not eat the rest of the day? I am feeling better (less sore and fatigued) then I did yesterday or even this morning (took a nap).

Thoughts please?!

Laura

Replies

• Chrissy2627
    Options
    I would eat something light for supper even if you go over a little on calories. I rarely go over on calories, or even eat all of my allotted cals but I've found that on the days that I do I end up losing a little more weight than normal. I just wouldn't make a habit of it :)
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I would say drink lots and lots of water - and I mean LOTS. Then I would eat something small for dinner. Your body definitely needs to recover and who knows, maybe the shock to the system will help spur on some unexpected loss - that happens for me as long as I just let my mistake go and don't continue to binge since I "already messed up the day anyway."
  • brianna626
    brianna626 Posts: 156
    Options
    I would do a light dinner and maybe just a walk if you are trying to take it easy today.
  • tnknights
    tnknights Posts: 23
    Options
    I would not skip he meal. Like Chrissy said, eat light. But maybe work a little more tomorrow. Consider this your "cheat" day. I know many hate that word.
  • robinmachorro
    Options
    if your sore then dont work out your body needs to rest and just eat something light and some fruits tomorrow is a new day so you will be fine everyone messes up once in a while.. :)

good luck!
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Don't skip dinner, just plan it ahead and make it light. Also, try to fit in a walk or something. Don't necessarily go to the gym today when its a planned rest day from the gym...but do something at home or go to a park or the mall and walk or something.
  • momontherun92
    Options
    You've still got to fuel your body, so just choose sensible and healthy foods to eat the rest of the day. Go for a walk, a wonderful light exercise....and it will help you feel better mentally as well. And don't beat yourself up about the cookies!!! We all have moments, or even days like that. If you've been doing great, this probably isn't going to set you back at all, as long as you don't make it a habit.
  • laurad8911
    laurad8911 Posts: 99
    Options
    ok now i actually WANT to go to my kickboxing class...for fun. is that bad? ill have a rest day saturday, gym is closed