Where to begin ?

Options
ladyleo0811
ladyleo0811 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2017 in Motivation and Support
I'm in my late 30 and a mother of 6. I'm 5'1 @175. With my 2 youngest being 15th and 5 mths old. I wrk full time with very limited time in between. Looking for a motivation buddy or someone in a similar situation with any tips or suggestions.

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Logging every single bite you eat into myfitness pal, using the most accuracy possible. Every single bite. Every single drop. Log it.

That's where and how you begin a journey on this website. Good luck!
  • ballew814
    ballew814 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My first tip is to get your nutrition on point. Weight lose or gain is 80% diet 20% gym. Being a bizzy parent myself i have found that meal preparation is a key. And my most health meal options have cost less an been faster than what i used to do. Keep learning in it will keep getting easier.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    For my family we end up doing most of the cooking one or two nights a week. Then lunches and dinner are just variations from the cooking we did before. Like..

4 lbs Ground beef cooked can turn into, tacos, enchiladas, sloppy joes, spaghetti sauce etc.

4 lbs Chicken cooked can turn into some of the above plus curry with rice, stir fry, casserole, chicken salad sandwich etc.

Once things are cooked it drop prep time down considerably.
  • bekkh
    bekkh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 month old and an 18 month old so I can relate to being busy mum with limited time for herself. As above, log everything, it really does help. And drink drink drink water as much as you can, not only does it help your body, but helps keep hungry pains at bay and does wonders for your skin ❤️