From 289kg to here. My journey.

Options
bekkh
bekkh Posts: 9 Member
* ⚠️ infertility and miscarriage trigger warning ⚠️ *
If you find these topics hard to read about you may want to skip this post ❤️

Hi! I'm Bekk!

I started using MFP when I began my journey back on 1st Jan 2012 at 289kg (637 pounds), yep you read that right.

My health was poor and I was miserable. I was depressed, hated my body and hated the way I looked, but more than anything, I hated that my body wouldn't let me become a mum.

We had experienced years of inability to conceive naturally and after suffering 10 miscarriages within 12 years it was obvious I needed to make a change or my dreams would never be a reality.

It was a long, tough and hard journey with many setbacks, tears, tantrums but also with many victories.

By October 2014 I had achieved a weight loss of 162kg (357 pounds) and was only 28kg (61 pounds) away from my original goal to reach 99kgs (218 pounds).

Finally in November 2014 at 127kg (279 pounds), with the assistance of IVF, we achieved a healthy viable pregnancy and in August 2015, my dreams became a reality and I delivered a prefecy healthy baby girl.

5 weeks later, I fell pregnant naturally with her brother, born just as perfect in June 2016.

Two pregnancies, one after another. Two babies, 10 months apart.

I won't even try to tell you I watched my weight during the entirety of both pregnancies, I ate what I wanted, when I wanted. This coupled with the fact that I was classified "high risk" due to my history, meant any exercise was forbidden. I spent what felt like forever laying and sitting and resting.

I gained, 34kg (74 pounds)

Reality check came 3 weeks ago, when I purchased new jeans in the next size up. UP! A direction I refuse to go.

Its time to take responsibility and control, so I'm back.

I weighed in March 5th, 161kg (354 pounds), and began detox, followed by strict eating and as much exercise as an 8 month old and 18 month old will allow.

Today I'm 149.8kg (330 pounds), 11.2kg (24 pound) loss.

I'm determined that I WILL reach that 99kg goal, and I won't give up until I do.

If you can relate to my story, or just want to follow my journey, feel free to add me so that we can support and encourage each other, as most of my friends from before are now inactive. This community really does make all the difference.

❤️

gge28foxsd3w.jpg
75zn5f793ecz.jpg

Replies

• b1229
    b1229 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Awesome great job :)
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great achievement and also it's nice to read in KG's for a change :wink:
  • bekkh
    Options
    Thanks Malcolm, I haven't noticed many, majority of users weigh in pounds so I thought it would make it easier for them to convert it, as that's what I usually find myself doing with their posts to get a better idea of scale.
  • Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Incredible and Amazing Achievement, Great Inspiration :) Congratulations, hard work pays.
  • charlenekemp07
    charlenekemp07 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I have a 3year old and he alone is a lot of maintenance, so I admire you for having to look after 2 little ones and diet and work out! Wow!! I agree about the kg part, where are you from?
  • bekkh
    Options
    They keep me on my toes that's for sure.

Sydney Australia :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!