Help maintaining a routine.

Options
Kdkatie3
Kdkatie3 Posts: 9 Member
edited March 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello my name is Katie and I need some help. I have always been a healthy eater and able to maintain a routine easily.Last year I moved a lot and lost any reason to keep a steady routine. My fiancé had a pizza job and I would eat a lot of free pizza as well. I started eating out more and finding no desire to cook. I developed a rash and went on a candida cleanse.( maybe eating too much wheat?) When I find a reason to keep a routine after awhile I give up to easily. I tried pit28 and keep giving up after one week. I am moving soon and hope I can find a gym to join as I love running on the treadmill and lifting weights. I would like some advice on what I can do and any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Forget the past, you can't change it. Come up with a good attainable plan and stick with it. You'll find your groove.

Log, water, sleep, exercise.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you have trouble sticking to a routine, then don't. Losing weight is math - eat fewer calories than your burn. Having a routine can help you do that, but it's not essential. Put your stats into MFP, find out your calorie goal, log everything you eat, and stick to your goals.

You don't have ban certain foods, you don't have to eat special foods. Just do the math. Really, you don't even have to exercise, though it certainly helps. Just start counting your calories today. If you mess up and don't stick with it, try again. Every effort you make is progress; focus on that instead of the times you mess up.
  • Kdkatie3
    Options
    I have no idea what a pit28 is... i googled it and got some results in another language i can't read lol

and im gonna say this with all politeness intended, but... when you stop blaming everything else for whats happening, you will get a routine and stick to it. your husband may not want to join you and keep eating pizza, but you do not have to take part, cook your meals, get yourself a gym when you move, log your food, count calories and make yourself the focus, everything else around you is just excuses you can either use to not get your goals or ignore and get your goals.
    Pit28 is blogilates workout routine. Thanks for the advise and I really will take it to heart. I shouldn't let everything around me put me down and I'll do my best.
  • Kdkatie3
    Options
    Blitzia wrote: »
    If you have trouble sticking to a routine, then don't. Losing weight is math - eat fewer calories than your burn. Having a routine can help you do that, but it's not essential. Put your stats into MFP, find out your calorie goal, log everything you eat, and stick to your goals.

You don't have ban certain foods, you don't have to eat special foods. Just do the math. Really, you don't even have to exercise, though it certainly helps. Just start counting your calories today. If you mess up and don't stick with it, try again. Every effort you make is progress; focus on that instead of the times you mess up.
    Thank you for the advice! Sometimes tho I can't seem to eat more than 800 calories,others times I go over. Maybe I need to try and find the perfect balance? I will quit giving up and as you stated stick to my goals more. So what I gave up? Try and try again. I should look more at the bigger picture,thank you.

• Kdkatie3
    edited March 2017
    Options
    sunsweet77 wrote: »
    Forget the past, you can't change it. Come up with a good attainable plan and stick with it. You'll find your groove.

Log, water, sleep, exercise.

Thanks! I think if I keep everything in balance then routine will follow.