Thin body but big round face.

Options
Does anyone else have this problem? Even when I am very thin, I struggle to lose any weight from my face. Can this be due to my diet, as I eat food high in sugar, fat and salt?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Just genetics unfortunately.

I carry mine in my butt.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It can be edema, it can be your body proportion (lollipop lady), it can be your perception.

Don't worry about eating food high in sugar, fat and salt. Just have a balanced diet (eat enough, and get in some fruit, vegs, meat, grains etc every day).

Please talk to your doctor about this.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    It probably isn't fat in your face that you are seeing. Learn to be satisfied with the genetics you've been given.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    define "fat face". some things can be genetics others can be water retention and others can be "chipmunk cheeks" commonly associated with eating disorders.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    My face isn't fat but definitely round! I'm at a healthy weight. It's just how my head is shaped, it doesn't bother me.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Some of us have round faces. It's a bona fide natural face shape.
  • GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You will probably stay young looking for the rest of your life. I guess I kind of like my round face, but if you think something is wrong you should see a Dr. Maybe it is some water retention.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it may just be the shape of your face. If you are really worried, see a doctor. It could be a medical issue.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's just the shape of your face...
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    There are certain hair styles for all different face shapes.
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Genetic face shape is the most likely. You could have edema from water retention. You could have a constant allergic reaction going on to someone you come in contact with, a detergent, cleanser, body spray, certain foods. It could be regular seasonal allergies. It could also be because of certain medications like steroids or a medical condition.

We all have a certain degree of body dysmorphia, obviously or we wouldn't have let ourselves get overweight if we really saw ourselves correctly. Most of the perceived imperfections we find after weight loss aren't real and only look more noticable due to our constant attention to body details from watching ourselves steadily shrink and seeing new bone structure or new muscles and veins we weren't able to see before. A round face is probably normal for you, and it just seems pronounced because everything else is so muc smaller in comparison.

If you are concerned see a doctor. It can't hurt if you think it's really a problem and not just your perception of yourself.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you French?

We French/Irish folk have very round faces... I was horrified when I lost 100lbs, still had a round face, and looked at my skinny grandma and seen her face still looked "fat."

It looks adorable to me now :) I've grown to love my cute teddy bear shape. Love your beautifully unique body, and stay healthy :)
  • marie9910
    marie9910 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Even at the very bottom of my healthy weight range my face was still very full while the rest of my body was super skinny. I actually didn't believe I was thin because my face was still jolly-looking. I'll never get rid of the baby face.
  • neoke33
    neoke33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I too have a chubby face and a double chin. I have hated that second chin my whole life. It is definitely genetics. Most of the women in my family were cursed with this chin. I have decided that when I loose all the weight, I'm having a chin lift. I can fix the rest of my body with diet and exercise, but the chin must have surgical help.
  • genpopadopolous
    genpopadopolous Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Lara_z wrote: »
    marie9910 wrote: »
    Even at the very bottom of my healthy weight range my face was still very full while the rest of my body was super skinny. I actually didn't believe I was thin because my face was still jolly-looking. I'll never get rid of the baby face.

I know what you mean. Looking at my fave alone you'd think I was on the chubby side.

I'm assuming it's you in your profile picture- I doubt your face ever looks "chubby".
  • malioumba
    malioumba Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Lara_z wrote: »
    marie9910 wrote: »

I know what you mean. Looking at my fave alone you'd think I was on the chubby side.

I'm assuming it's you in your profile picture- I doubt your face ever looks "chubby".

That's definitely not her in the profile picture. You can't get that body eating high sugar and salt.