I can't resist SUGAR!!! Such a sweet tooth

Options
How do not eat after 7pm???

Replies

• Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I munch carrots. They have some sweetness to them, and involve lots of chewing which satisfies certain aspects of hunger.
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Very, very hard - like you, I struggle most at night with this. Eliminating sugar and eating low carb is the only thing that breaks the cravings. I save a low-carb snack for evening just to have something I can "fight back" with... and I also do a short bout of exercise in the evening if I start thinking about straying from the path.
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting for me 18/6. I'm too full right now to attack that birthday cake in the kitchen.
  • ashleybarnette2013
    ashleybarnette2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Clairejuly wrote: »
    How do not eat after 7pm???
    I get yogurt dip and fruit it really good and curbs my sweet tooth

• ashleybarnette2013
    ashleybarnette2013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself of what you crave will only backfire later it was a hard lesson learned for me I used to crave brownies like crazy I kept fighting it until I got light headed my body needed sugar I found out I'm hypoglycemic your body craves for a reason . I'm not saying eat a box of ding dongs or anything taking a few bites of what you crave could be healthy and very helpful in dieting
  • NayNaydeen
    NayNaydeen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Super hard for me too, I crave chocolate at night. Something that's helped is drinking a warm cup of tea.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Starving yourself of what you crave will only backfire later it was a hard lesson learned for me I used to crave brownies like crazy I kept fighting it until I got light headed my body needed sugar I found out I'm hypoglycemic your body craves for a reason . I'm not saying eat a box of ding dongs or anything taking a few bites of what you crave could be healthy and very helpful in dieting

Err, this isn't really true for most people, though. Sugar can actually be addicting.

I do agree that 'everything is okay in moderation' is a good thing, though.

Plan for your snacks, OP.
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    walden farms makes 0 calorie dip you could probably buy that and dip things in it

[Removed images]

... I have all 3 of those dips.

Caramel is godly, only slight aftertaste. Followed VERY closely by marshmallow. Chocolate is... Eh. Passable, but not nearly as good.

Caramel works great for drizzling on apples, etc. Marshmallow is good for mixing in with berries/etc. Chocolate is okay when used very lightly or is mixed into something with a more potent taste.
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    I havent ordered from walden farms in ages, i used to use their 0 calorie flavored coffee creamers all the time

I'm a heathen who doesn't use coffee creamer. xD

I reaaalllyyy wish their peanut spread was better, though. Severely disappointing when I finally tried it. That said.. Have you tried the pancake syrups? Nobody I know has tried them, and I wanna see some reviews. Not to hijack the thread for this, but... xD;
  • PixelPuff
    Options
    Ohhh i know, i bought that first before trying PB2 and when i got it it was like pudding and tasted terrible on bread LOL... i ended up taking sweetener and mixing it into it and eating it as pudding but never again did i order another one.

I have not tried their syrup, but ive heard good things about it, i always bought joesphs, i think it was only 35 calories for 60ml or something and i found that was drowning the poor pancakes into soggy submission so i only ever needed half, lol

Ah, I'll check out that brand. I planned to use the syrups in some cooking [maple glazed chicken, etc]. Thanks. <3

And yes... Their peanut spread is just... Eek. I threw it out. I "couldn't even" on it. Gave up.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    The pictures in this thread are evil!

I have to control my sweet tooth by not having any temptation around the house.
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Halo Top!!!

It was the answer to my ice cream prayers!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I like to break down complex problems. That often makes some of the problem turn out to not be a problem, and the real problems become manageable.

Sugar is sugar and there's naturally occurring sugar in fruit, milk and vegetables. Sugar is treated the same way in your body regardless of source.

Fruit, milk and vegetables is more nutritious than sugary treats.

Adding sugar to foods does not negate their nutritional value.

Sugary treats aren't detrimental to health.

Eating too much is detrimental to health.

Humans are instinctively drawn to sweet foods because we need to get enough energy, and sugar is energy.

Sugary treats taste sweet.

Temptation makes cravings stronger and availability makes eating possible.

For many people, it's too easy to overeat sugary treats.

Malnutrition can make us crave sweet food. Eating sweets when you're deprived of protein, vitamins and minerals, is not going to reduce cravings.

Eating after 7 pm is a problem if you're already in bed by 7 pm.

You should time your meals to fit your daily schedule and your appetite.

Habits and food preferences solidify over time.

Restrictive behaviour and a mindset of deprivation tends to intensify cravings.
  • metalmeow1
    metalmeow1 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I named my cat Sugar because he's so sweet, I can't resist him either. (Yes, it's a "he" named Sugar. It fit him better than Damien lmao)
  • ChaleGirl
    ChaleGirl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Only thing that works for me is going cold turkey on processed added sugar. Otherwise I have absolutely zero will power. I'm hoping that if I'm cold turkey for long enough, I will be able to have it in moderation. It's a real struggle for me!