Newbie!! Night out tomorrow....MFP Help

Options
holpan11
holpan11 Posts: 28 Member
Hi everyone today is my first day and i'm enjoying it so far. I have recently lost 17lbs and would like to lose another 14.5lbs. I have a night out tomorrow and would still like to be sensbile. How does everyone else cope in this situation? Any comments would be great :D xx

Replies

• eheld1
    eheld1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Do you mean night out as in drinking or eating or both???
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Are we talking drinks and dinner or one or the other?? I like to drink vodka and diet tonic, although most places only offer regular tonic so I will opt for rum and diet coke. I also like skinny girl margaritas. Not all places offer the skinny so you can ask to have one made- tripple sec, tequila, and lime juice. Only about 100 calories per serving. If you know where you are going, plan ahead. Enter the food/drink you think you will be consuming and then exercise acordingly! Have fun!!!!
  • tkirkes
    tkirkes Posts: 121
    Options
    I'm new at all this and I'm just starting out! Saying that... Some ideas I've seen is pre-planning...If you know where your going to eat at look up the calories on items there. Or eat before you go out. Most place have their nutritional menu on the internet. Hope that is what you were looking for. If not sorry : )
  • RichardWhitman
    RichardWhitman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Do you mean night out as in drinking or eating or both???

Same question.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead...Go light during the day, and get your exercise in early...or if you are going out, dance those calories off as well :) Planning is everything best of luck and enjoy yourself :)
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead.
    --If you know where you are going try researching online for nutritional info.
    --Be sensible but don't completely forgo enjoying yourself. You have to be social and have a life.
    --Shape your whole calorie intake for the day around going out. (eat less and healthier earlier in the day)
    --Exercise more. Get in an extra workout earlier that day or the next day to offset some of the calories consumed.
  • DeBiKin
    DeBiKin Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    First of all, if you get a good workout prior to the night out you will "earn" extra calories to your food diary goal. Don't forget your calorie goal set by MFP already has the weight loss built in. Cocktails are the hardest to calculate and high in calories so go easy on those. You probably already know which foods are higher in calories so go small (or bring home half of them for another day). Remember this; if you go over one day, it is not the end of your diet. Lastly, sometimes going over on your calories assures your body that you are not starving and helps to prevent starvation mode. Don't stress, you have earned a fun night out, enjoy it!
  • holpan11
    Options
    Great advice thanks everyone! I'm talking dinner, drinks, dancing more drinks haha! I'll go light during the day and get the exercise in, in the morning and maybe some more when I finish work at 2pm. Yeah I think i'll stick to the Gin and Slim Line tonic, pretty low in calories compared to wine etc. Thanks so much everyone xx
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I try to eat some healthy foods before we go out. For dinner I usually get a salad or something sensible (no creamy pasta dishes or fried things) I don't drink alcohol and get water with lemon. (I know I'm such an exciting date! LOL) I just try to stay sensible.
  • holpan11
    Options
    Great advice thanks xx
  • holpan11
    Options
    Turns out that restaurant was too busy to get food so I ended up just drinking.....no dinner :/ but had more calories for drinks.