Very informative video!

Options
For those that are trying maintain and move over to intuitive eating from tracking please watch! I'm not there yet since I'm trying to find my maintenance cals. I think tracking as accurate as I can is important until I find my cal range. Hope to get to this place soon! Let me know what you think!

https://youtu.be/eDG_QD69OkA

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I think I want my 18 minutes back.

1. Her idea of flexible dieting (eat whatever you want) is totally different from mine (eat what I want within my calories).
    2. She tracks, but doesn't track. She follows macros, but doesn't follow macros. What?
    3. She doesn't address how to go from "disordered eating" (using a food scale) to intuitive eating other than "take a day and just guess".

36ty6xxg61yx.gif
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    boring boring and that's the first few minutes after that it gets worse
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I got fed up watching a few mins in....
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to watch the video, but I'll say that I find that I am a creature of habit. I eat about the same amount for breakfast each day, about the same amount for dinner, about the same amount for supper, about the same amount for snacks, and I exercise about the same amount. Tracking calories can be a great tool for getting your habits right, but once you've formed the habits there's really not reason why you have to watch it too close because its going to be about the same anyway. If you see your weight changing then you might need to decrease or increase what you are eating, but otherwise it doesn't matter.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    @TimothyFish well said :smile: and totally agree too!
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    She could talk a glass eye to sleep
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I watched about half. I didn't really disagree with anything she was saying even though her delivery isn't my style, Im sure that is a generational thing. I agree with her that if you have to take your food scale to the restaurant, that is disordered. I also agree with her that if you have been tracking for a while you should be able to "guesstimate" the calories and macros in a dish. Nothing earth shattering, but nothing really wrong either in the part I watched.