Stomach being stubborn

Options
Hi,

After a long session at the gym (3classes) Tone 40mins, Battle 40mins (cardio weights), Ab's 20mins. I went home knackered had my meal went upstairs for a shower while getting undressed I had words with my stomach (which not only is big but flops over a bit) it went like this

Right I'a working as hard as I can to get you to go away, cut certain foods out that you like I know this annoyed you but tough, the rest of my body is perfect bar you, GO AWAY or else I will make you work even harder and that will hurt. Enough already. Your letting every other part of my body down be a team player and work with them.

I came down stairs and my Husband thought I had been on the phone to someone I was talking so loud.

Now seriously I'am doing plenty of planks, sit ups, crunches, weights, legs and cardio work and the tape measure just does not move. I know first it has to tighten to bring the flabby bit up but even that is not happening. Any hints please either food or exercise. Don't eat alot of carbs unless in veg or food no spuds bread pasta or rice, sugar only if already in veg (limited amount), peanut butter is sugar free only 10g, gave up chocolate, biscuits, cakes, crisps and sugar in brews.

Thanks
Wendy

Replies

• croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think the belly is defo diet related and I try to eat the anti inflammatory type foods. Any type of weights have had an impact. I like kettlebells but also do Bodypump at the gym. Yoga also seems to help too (might be in my head) I've had 4 children by c-section so I get your pain but I can honestly say what I'm doing seems to be working, although ask me in a few weeks and I might be screaming if there's a bit left
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Weigh all solid food in grams and log everything to make sure you aren't going over your calories. If your deficit is good, then keep it up. You'll lose the belly.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Typically the abdomen is the last to tighten up and you can't spot reduce. Focus on maintaining a calorie deficit. Weigh your food. Log everything you consume using correct entries (i.e. no homemade or generic). Lift heavy things and don't just focus on abs alone. It takes time and patience, but if you stick to your goals you will get there.
  • ladyannique2017
    ladyannique2017 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You've got some good advice here. Only thing I would add is take a second look at your diet. I find I get bloated if I don't eat my probiotic yogurt daily. Also, I do eat bread, potatoes, pasta, rice as well as vegetables. I find if I just eat green vegetables I get really bloated and gassy. Too, any kind of grain based alcohol will bloat you, so skip the brews. When I drink I typically have a cider or a mixed drink (rum and coke). There are also anti-inflammatory foods like almonds and various seeds so check them out. Finally, posture has a lot to do with stomach size...I'm somewhat tall and if I sag my shoulders and hunch I can pop my stomach out enough to look pregnant. But if I put my shoulders back, stand or sit straight then my stomach flattens back out. Everyone's stomach rolls a bit when they're hunching over.