Arby's saved my diet today !

Options
Usually I'm really good about logging and sticking to my daily 1500 calories. In 11 weeks I only slipped once. That was super bowl Sunday, so I get a pass on that one and we will call it a lost day.
Well...this morning I had my coffee, packed my daily salad for lunch threw it and a orange in my little lunch bag and off I went. Got to the office made more coffee and there was the big plastic containers full of pretzels, animal crackers, cheese crackers, granola bars, and lots of other treats that are always there. These items have never been a nemeses to me in the past, but for some reason today I just could not resist the salty beckoning of the pretzels and just had a few with my coffee. Then a few more, and then more...I think you get the picture. By the time I got my wits about me I was about 400 calories into that pretzel jar.
Now, Monday are our office meeting and lunch is provided for us by the company. In my 11 weeks I have resisted those too, eating my salad or soup. Today I resolved that since I was already 400 cals. into a bad situation, it was cold out and I felt lousy I would succumb to one of my serious weaknesses....Chinese food. Today I would have a hot bowl of won ton and some good Szechuan spicy chicken. I would just let this be a lost day. I deserved it.
Well....change of plans and they decided to just bring in a mess of sandwiches from Arby's.
That being said, I'll be damned if I'll blow it for stinking RB's.
So, I took my salad and went about my lunch, will do a light supper and no snacks. Will be under 1500 calories for the day
Thank you Arby's for saving my diet today !!

Replies

• danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I like when the day sort of conspires to help you to save your own self! Sometimes it's just those little roadblocks that can make a huge difference when resolve is low or weakened. Thanks, Arby's!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Since you're at such a low calorie amount, I'm not surprised you attacked the pretzels. You may benefit from aiming for a less aggressive loss goal.