Row the world ideas and thoughts needed

Options
LeeKetty1176
LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
Hi Guys

only little ole me !

I am just wanting to take peoples temperature on the Game we are playing.
It will come as no great surprise that i am making it up as we go along and everyone seems super committed etc on the game and reaching the end.

I am just aware that its taking a long time to complete and i didnt want people to get bored or anything, so wanting to get peoples thoughts on me speeding the game up with more double days etc, or if people want me to reduce the maths in the conversion from 50 cals per mile to 25 cals per mile....from a set day.

The end of the day i ant people to have fun etc, and as for as i am concerned i am only the administration for the 300 people we have playing......... so any thoughts??

Speed up???????
stay as we are?????????
More double/ triple days ??????????

Thanks for your input

Lee....

Replies

• V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It ain't broke, don't fix it...
  • KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    ^Agreed.

You're doing an excellent job and I'm loving the game!
  • TheNewLK
    TheNewLK Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I think its going amazing!!

YOu could incooperate a challenge into it

Ie.....IF a team consumes said amout of water a day they earn x amount of extra miles.....just an idea....
  • KnottyJen
    Options

Ie.....IF a team consumes said amout of water a day they earn x amount of extra miles.....just an idea....

Oooooh! I like this too!
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm still having fun:)

I think its going well and I like the different "fun" days you've thrown in. Maybe switch 'em up next week so they're on different days of the week or incorporate some new things. Which reminds me, time to hit the bottle and attack another ship!!!! :drinker:
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options

Or even mini exercise challenges like an extra mile for every 25 squats or something like that. Tally up every one on the team at the end of the day.....
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Im liking everything so far Lee, and You've done a great job with it. The double and triple days seem to get poeple fired up more and we see some major burns!! I do like the idea of some other challenges like the water that mentioned, or if a team hit s acertain amount of cals for a day, they get bonus miles or something of that nature!!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    You people are all so much more creative than I am. Loving all these ideas!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    So far so good... as the interest wanes, maybe then speed up the pace

I think weekly doubles/triples days are ace

though I don't think it should necessarily stay "set " days of the week (as peoples schedules may not be flexible on a certain Tuesday/Saturday)

thanks for all the great and creative ideas! It's just the kick in the @$$ I needed

:drinker: cheers :drinker:
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Does this mean you are getting bored with this challenge? I realize you have to put a lot of work into this crazy thing. I am sure at time you have far better things to do.

I am frustrated because it seems no one can gain on the leaders. My team is in 4th. No matter how hard I push myself, and the others on my team it seems we get no where fast. I realize this is for motivational purposes only. And it is working! I have to assume possiably the other 20 teams are feeling a little helpless as well. But again I understand it was for motivational purposes. I am not complaining in any way shape or form.

You could always do more triples and doubles days. But don't always announce it in advance. That would put a crazy lil twist on things.

You could give all the teams a cannon, except for "the flying monkeys" so we could sink thier ship and we could see them fly!....LOL.....JOKE! I think the Monkeys are awesome, for keeping such a strong lead. The Badonkadonks (spelled wrong) phenominal job! The Violators Kicking some serious booty! Everyone is doing a stand up job!!!! WTF, NCIS, Yellow Submarine, Knotty girls, all these really cool names, I know there are more teams out there with awesome names. All the work and effort people have put into this challenge. I am so honored to be a part of this, and have some really special friends here at MFP!!

Sounds like I was doing some sort of acceptance speech......LOL

Thank you, to all of you doing this challenge! It makes me keep on my toes.

OK, I am done now!!

Love you All!!!!!!

Take Care~Rhondda
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I think the pace is good. Yes, it'll take quite a while to make it around, but as long as everyone is still getting into it, I think that's fine. :)

What about a random paralyzed ship or multiply bonus for just one boat on one day per week? That might help the chances of catching up with some of the front runners...
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    How about hidden tresure days? You could pick the "treasure" (extra miles, double or triple miles, etc) that would be secret and a boat has to earn so many miles on that day to get the treasure?
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Doin great! Love it!!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated because it seems no one can gain on the leaders.

You're frustrated! We had three members go completely AWOL on us at the beginning and it took us two weeks to get replacement members, there's no way for us to catch up now even though we did feel good catching up enough to be in last place anymore, but still, we were passed by the boat that started late! How embarrassing :blushing:
  • kelleypf
    kelleypf Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am frustrated because it seems no one can gain on the leaders.

yea....there's no way we're catching up either. Not trying to complain - I know the point is to motiviate each other and its just a game, but I'm pretty sure I know who the winner is already! :tongue:
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Loving the game! There are some people on my boat who burn it up like crazy, which motivates me to push myself and get in another workout, or go longer. Thanks for all the time you put into this! Liking the idea about incorporating drinking water as a way to earn more miles - could be something like - your boat's taking on water!:drinker:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Lee you've done an amazing job! I have had so much fun with this challenge. Thank you, thank you!

Maybe a big storm can come and the high winds mess up everyone's final miles for the day and you don't know whose are whose, so you just have to pull numbers out of the hat for each captain, whichever captain gets the lowest number gets the highest mile total for that day and so on.

Or there can be mini challenges where whichever boat wins can switch places with the boat in front of them.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love the hidden treasure idea that is awesome.... Lee you could write out an order of prizes and when the captain submits to you put them on the list in the order submitted(did that make sense lol) I love the water idea too... maybe we could have storms that hit in a certain area of the map and mix up the numbers submitted for the day... I love this challenge!!! It has motivated me to push the 1500cal days higher!! Keep kickin butt everyone!
  • candirw
    candirw Posts: 22
    Options
    How are other captains doing it? I never hear anything about any of our team mates; all I know is the calories I log in. I almost forget about the game because there is no real communication. Now that I have Lee as my friend, I can see when our double days are and stuff, but other than that, I don't hear much.

Just wondering how other teams are organized.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    How about credit for weights? (like weight loss)... and it seems to be difficult to keep communication among our captains. We often do not know about the double days and stuff... hmm ... otherwise its amazing

(and dont worry we will never be catching up either I dont think)