Best Snaking Foods? Low Cal but yummy and takes a long time

Options
Hey, I am in love with snacking. I also like to "graze" or eat for a long period of time soooooo I am intersted in any suggestions for low cal foods that taste really yummy that you can eat alot of.

For example I've found two.. Frozen grapes- they are healthy and a great candy sub. They take a long time to eat since they're so cold and are low cal.

Airpopped Popcorn- jiffypop kettlecorn is my fave- as long as its not the butter kind or the movie theatre kind you can eat a whole bag for about 300 calories. It takes a while to eat a whole bag- its sweet & salty, its got fiber.

I just want to maximize what I can eat while sticking with my (crazy-low) 1200 calories per day that my plan reccommends.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Replies

• amberca1
    Options
    Hey, I am in love with snacking. I also like to "graze" or eat for a long period of time soooooo I am intersted in any suggestions for low cal foods that taste really yummy that you can eat alot of.

For example I've found two.. Frozen grapes- they are healthy and a great candy sub. They take a long time to eat since they're so cold and are low cal.

Airpopped Popcorn- jiffypop kettlecorn is my fave- as long as its not the butter kind or the movie theatre kind you can eat a whole bag for about 300 calories. It takes a while to eat a whole bag- its sweet & salty, its got fiber.

I just want to maximize what I can eat while sticking with my (crazy-low) 1200 calories per day that my plan reccommends.

Thanks in advance!!!!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I suppose if I did alot more exercise I could eat a whole bag of popcorn but I'll opt out for now with half a cup of applesauce whipped with 3 TBLP of fat free cool whip. Thats under a 100 calorie snack and pretty filling. I love to eat when I read and the way I get around that is I love raw green beans. So they are my reading snack. But maybe they don't come under the yummy section. LOL
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm getting hooked on grapes... very very VERY low in cals and it fills me up quick.
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Years ago I did a trick with myself to fill me up. I would steam a cup of 'free" veg: ie: broccoli, brussel sprouts, green beans, with half a stock cube for flavor. I crave salty snacks in the evening like chips and I found that this helped me to overcome that
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    BTW... awesome pic Amber... very purty =)
  • amberca1
    Options
    Thanks!

Thanks for the tips too- all of them sound great!
  • Skinnier_Me
    Options
    Oh... someone posted this not too long ago...

low fat chocolate pudding cup with some fat free cool whip.... simple huh and I never thought of the cool whip on top.
  • stupidrobot
    stupidrobot Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Carrots (with ranch dressing if you don't use too much of it). Apple slices. Any kind of hard, crunchy fruit or vegetable makes a great tasting snack that takes a little while to eat. Banana chips are yummy too, but have more calories than most raw foods - still, they take quite a while to eat and if taken in moderation won't use up too many of your calories.
  • kimber
    kimber Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    strawberries arnt bad calorie wize and with lowcal whip cream that is a yummy snack but i am with my sis kjllose on this one if you want to graze then stick to veggies carrot sticks celery and green beans. very low cal and filling good luck
  • abrown323
    abrown323 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love the applesauce with whipped cream idea. I never thought of that. And the fat free pudding with cool whip as well. Such great ideas. Thanks everyone, I was getting kind of bored with all of my snacks.

I have to admit that I like the raw green beans as well. I love the way that they crunch. Raw sugar snap peas are my favorite.
  • mengqiz86
    mengqiz86 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I love carrots. Not baby carrots - regular carrots that I slice up. And cherry tomatoes. I can eat a pound of those - still under 100cal.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    mengqiz86 wrote: »
    I love carrots. Not baby carrots - regular carrots that I slice up. And cherry tomatoes. I can eat a pound of those - still under 100cal.

You know this is a TEN year old thread, right?
  • SierraFatToSkinny
    SierraFatToSkinny Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahaha <3
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,721 Member
    Options
    Well... all of the foods mentioned are still around... But we definitely have a zombie revival going on these days!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Level 50 necromancy aside: protein fluff. Make it with 20g casein, a can of diet soda of choice, and 6g xanthan gum. You end up with an entire mixing bowl full of it for about 80 kcals. Just be prepared for a bit of gut upset later, as it's mostly air.