HELP!!!

Options
ok i need some advice/help and you may not want to give any and that is fine, but i am really struggling with eating right now because i can't do anything and I am so afraid of gaining weight. I am struggling to eat 1000 calories a day and when i do it is just barely over that. i was 221.6 on march 4th 218.8 on march 7th 214.8 yesterday and today was 213.4 i feel like yes that is too much weight and i don't want to put it all back on but i don't know what to do i used to turn to food for everything and now i can't do anything for 30 more days HELP!!!!!

I had surgery on March 1st and I can not lift more than 5 pounds for 6 weeks at that time i can start lifting again. I just had my stitches taken out last week and def don't want to do anything to offset what I just had surgery for. I am not a sit here and do nothing person so sitting and doing nothing is killing me and I dont want to lose weight too fast. Last week I lost 4 pounds which to me is a lot since I have been doing this since Aug 18, 2016. Any advice or help would be great thank you

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, current activity level? Unless you are bedridden I'd say 1000 calories a day is not enough. If you're recovering you could easily eat all the way up to your current TDEE and not gain any weight.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    If you were working out and now are not working out, you may have lost a lot of water weight...I had an injury last december and couldn't lift weights for 2 weeks, lost about 6 lbs doing nothing and put it back on as soon as I started lifting again...so assuming a change in activity level, 4 lbs was probably quite a bit (or all) water.
  • marygirl05
    marygirl05 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My height is 5'7" current weight is 213.4 I can walk around the house and stuff but i can't do a lot due to what I had done for surgery. i am not bedridden I still do some normal stuff just can't lift above my waste with the things I can pick up.
  • marygirl05
    Options
    I was working out before surgery not a lot but was working out and working a lot, I am an LNA so I did a lot when i was at work, I am so afraid to gain weight or gain once i am able to really do stuff again.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You need to be eating at maintenance at the very least. Your body needs fuel to recover and you are not giving it enough fuel. I am 5'8" and I eat 1850 at maintenance, using the sedentary setting
  • marygirl05
    Options
    Ok i will mess around and see what maintenace is and def work hard to bump everything up
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    You need to be eating at maintenance at the very least. Your body needs fuel to recover and you are not giving it enough fuel. I am 5'8" and I eat 1850 at maintenance, using the sedentary setting

Using IIFYM.com, a site I do well with, and plugging in your numbers:

Your BMR Is: 1720
    Your TDEE Is: 1978

That's without exercise. So yea, 1850 would be a good goal to set yourself at for the moment. Keep in mind, if it looks like your weight is going up eating at that level it probably isn't. Being very sedentary you may retain water, waste, etc. longer than you do when being active. So allow some fluctuation. But if you want to heal faster, I'll have to agree with @Sharon_C.
  • marygirl05
    Options
    Will do thank you so much.