New To Everything

Options
Hey guys! I'm really excited about staring this journey. I've never done this before. I know that's terrible, but I'm ready to learn to be healthy. I'm a 22 year old Cosmetology student and full time employee. I don't have much time to work out. But I'm willing to do it all. Any tips and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Lackabau5
    Lackabau5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check out T25 workout program. Good nutrition plan for starters, workouts + cooldowns keep the workouts to 30 minutes or less, all in the comfort of your own home. Very minimal equipment (a band or one set of weights, mini yoga mat optional). There are even modifications for every move if you can't quite nail what Shaun T is asking for. I am currently doing this program, and if you just give each move your all, you will be happy with results.

Welcome aboard; there are plenty of people here to help! It is never too late to turn your life around; you'll never look back once you begin!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! You can totally do this!
  • ashbash813
    ashbash813 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey! I go to school and work full time too so I'm in the same boat. It's hard to eat healthy and workout when you're so busy but good for you for starting this journey!
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I'm excited for you, just starting out. MFP is a great resource.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple if your new
    Set your calories on here I goals as sedentary
    If you do added exercise log it
    Eat upto half the exercise calories and your daily ones
    Log everything you eat and drink and weigh and measure it if you can

Good luck the main thing is just log everything have treats and it'll all be one easy and enjoyable
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has a few 30 minute workout programs, P90X-3 and T25. I'm currently doing the P90x-3. It's great for beginners too. Tips: What you focus on is what you feel. Make a plan, and stick with it by changing your ritual (habits). Find an accountability partner to keep you on track.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • breannemarie1993
    breannemarie1993 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats! It can be a tough journey but push through and give it all you got!
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Body weight squats , lunges! Use anything that comes to hand at home as a resistance weight! Edge of ya bed, sofa, chair can be used for Dips or raised Press ups! And the beauty is they can be done while ya watching the TV at home! LOL! Good Lck! You,ve come to the right place for advice n motivation!
  • caseyofoslo
    caseyofoslo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to have fun working out. I've found that if you can enjoy your workouts at least half the time it's much easier to stay motivated. Also if you can make friends that do a certain sport or activity that you like and have time for that seems to help accountability wise.