Hi!

Options
Hi, my name is Lisa and I'm new to the message boards.
I've been struggling with weight for a few years now. I kept promising myself I would 'get around to it' but I didn't. Then March of 09 I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and that was a scary wake up call let me tell ya! Then last October I gave birth to my second child and he came out 11lbs 7oz and a blood sugar level of 19...yes 19. And it was all because of me and my empty "I'll get around to it" promises I made to myself. My son, thanks be to God, got his sugar levels up and is a very healthy 8 month old.
I'm wanting to lose weight...no, I HAVE to lose weight and get in shape for my kids. I'M their role model, and I want to be a good one.
I wish all of you a happy weight loss journey and hope to see you around :bigsmile:

Replies

• AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! How scary that must have been for you! Glad you decided and realized it was time for some serious changes in life style! I wish you well on your journey!!!!!
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    WELCOME!!! You'll love it here! I am fortunate to not have diabetes myself, but my husband was diagnosed a few years ago, so we made lifestyle changes together - I know more about diabetes than I ever wanted too!!! You can do it mom! Friend if you'd like... :happy:
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome to mfp. THose wake up calls can sure be hard ones but they do make us want to do better. I wish you all the best and hope that you can achieve your goals. :smile:
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Hi LIsa
    Welcome to MFP. You've come to the right place so add loads of friends to help you along and you'll do just fine

Di
    :smile:
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! WIshing you the best in your journey. WIth MFP your never alone
  • Monika135
    Monika135 Posts: 66
    Options
    Welcome...welcome...welcome!!!
    You will love it here :)
  • LisaWalls
    LisaWalls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you all so very much :smile: