What type of profile pic?

Options
Is using a before pic motivational or will it make me not want to look at this app? What do you have?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I keep my profile pic current. I'm not going to put a before pic because i don't look like that anymore and never will again.
    You could do a collage which has before and current/after pictures, or keep the fat pics in your profile.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your personal preference. If you feel comfortable to post a before picture and can use it as motivation, then more power to you.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I use my before after as I gained abit back so need to get below my after pic but it reminds me that I did this before so I can do it again
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    I change mine every few months. The one I have is a new one.

My husband and I cycled a 213 km randonnee on the first weekend of March, and during that ride, I somehow managed to take Queen of the Mountain on Strava for a hilly 58.8 km segment. Surprised the socks off of me!! So jokingly, I told my husband that I should have a real crown for that endeavour and not just the little yellow crown on the Strava page. Next thing I knew ... :grin:
  • jjedrey
    jjedrey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely use it. But I'd put your after pic with it, and update your after pic as appropriate. Sometimes when I feel like I'm not making progress I look at my own before pic, and realize how far I've come.
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I use a pic of my favorite soccer player.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I use a current selfie so I keep motivated and because I believe in full disclosure on the internet. So many times people I have met online have been really shocked to meet me IRL and discover I am a taco-cat.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I change mine every few months. The one I have is a new one.

My husband and I cycled a 213 km randonnee on the first weekend of March, and during that ride, I somehow managed to take Queen of the Mountain on Strava for a hilly 58.8 km segment. Surprised the socks off of me!! So jokingly, I told my husband that I should have a real crown for that endeavour and not just the little yellow crown on the Strava page. Next thing I knew ... :grin:

Your crown pic was posted the day after your birthday so I assumed it was for that.
    I love that you are queen of the mountain.

Cheers, h.

I just use whatever takes my fancy for my avatar.
    The one I use right now makes me smile each time I see it. It was a fun day in Curaçao.
  • NJJforCass
    NJJforCass Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use me on my horse - before I started losing weight - to remind me of the large reason I am doing this - for her! lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I tend to use a current face picture, but I ended up getting a sh!te haircut I hate so I put up a pumpkin spice Flakie.