Does anyone else not feel satisfied?

Options
Today is my third day of sticking to my 1,200 calorie limit. And let me just say that 1,200 calories doesn't really seem like very much. Frankly, it doesn't seem like enough. I'm actually pretty much constantly feeling famished, and I'm just wondering if any one else on here feels the same way at the end of they day.

So what about it? Do you feel satisfied with your calorie-intake goal?

Replies

• cgeiser1
    cgeiser1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I could not make it on 1200. I don't know how people do it. I've been netting 1300, after working out and eating back 300-400 calories and that seems to be working for me.
  • blondebaby9890
    Options
    I find i'm usually below my 1200 calories and i don't eat my exercise calories. I find it's more than enough!!!
  • rgrubba91
    rgrubba91 Posts: 6
    Options
    Mine is set at 1740. I feel pretty good about it but I usually don't have many calories to spare. But always under. Do you log your exercises on here? Because if you don't, if you log your exercises it gives you more calories to eat.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    1200 may not be enough calories for you. Your profile is private and you didn't give much info to work with, but 1200 is... overused on this site.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Shpffff my calorie goal is 1640! And I usually feel pretty satisfied! Sometimes I'm a little hungry but I attribute it to being bored at work - haha!
  • wvjanie
    wvjanie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Exercise and it adds calories to your daily food intake. I routinely have at least 600-1000 extra calories I can consume every day because of the exercise I do. I find it a very strong motivation to get moving.
  • bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    Somedays are better than others. I try to choose foods that will keep me feeling full longer. Earning exercise calories helps too.
  • salmanajmal
    salmanajmal Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    mine was 1450 and i found it really easy to control my diet and remain within the limit. after remaining on diet for a month, now i have reduced my goal to 1200 calories. i think all that matters is the motivation. i saw a post on mfp yesterday, a lady had lost 5kgs in one month whereas i had lost 2 (2 is not bad either). now i have reduced my target to 1200. i think the best solution is eating vegies and fruits. thanks
  • mleipe
    mleipe Posts: 54
    Options
    I think you probably need to give your body time to adjust to the lower caloric intake, you know?

Drinking lots of water can help you with this, as can nibbling on things like carrot sticks, celery, etc. Put things in your stomach that aren't going to add pounds!

Not sure how much you're exercising but I find that this both reduces my hunger a bit and buys me some headroom in terms of additional calories I can eat.

It's really tough at the beginning but it gets much better over time as you adjust.

Hang in there!
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1200-1300... seems ok for me but I do get to about 4/5pm and want to stuff my face but i just try to fight it :)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    AT first i felt weird eating 1200 but then i learned how to cook a decent amount of food and snack right at low cal snacks and i feel like i'm eating so much when in actuality i'm not.

Check out my food diary -- i have so much food on their. I eat throughout the day. Breakfast, snack, small lunch, snack (2nd small lunch, snack, dinner
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way when I first started but then saw that I could eat some to most of my exercise calories back if I felt famished. The first and second week were the hardest but your body will learn to adjust. Also are you drinking the 8+ glasses of water? That reallly helped to keep me filled for a little bit but make sure to find foods that are high in fiber. For example, I like to eat those 90cal fiber bars for a snack to hold me over either by dinner or afterwards. Stay strong and it will get better :flowerforyou:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It's been only 3 days. It took me about a week or so to finally get used to eating so little. Your stomach will sorta adjust I guess and things'll get better.
  • acall333
    acall333 Posts: 5
    Options
    That first week or so is rough! That's all there is to it! Keep at it for a while longer and see if it gets better for you. Double check your diary and see if your snacks, etc... are filling and not just low, empty calories.You might also need to eat smaller portions all throughout the day (I do this... eat breakfast, 2 small snacks, lunch, 2 small snacks, supper, snack/treat in the evening and I'm usually able to stay within the 1200). Also, if you're exercising, allow yourself to eat more. Hang in there and good luck!!
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Do you exercise often and still only eat 1200?? That may be why you are hungry. Try to eat more filling foods and see if that works for you. It could be an easy fix. If not, maybe try adjusting 100 calories or so until you find what is right for you.
  • jrich6
    jrich6 Posts: 26
    Options
    YES! It's been a constant struggle for me. I don't usually go to bed hungry, but I hit a level of hunger between 3:30-5:30 that is DANGEROUS! I've been working to tweak my meals and snacks to help. Some days have been better, but I can't really find what's different about those days. A couple weeks ago I changed my goal so I can have 1360 calories a day, and it does kind of help. I'll be following this thread to see if anyone's got some words of wisdom on the subject. :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200 as well and I find that I have trouble sticking to that, but I try to workout regularly, which helps bump it up.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I manage on 1200 calories on the days that I don't workout. It's not always easy. Veggies and fruit are the only way I can do it.
  • mboone4541
    mboone4541 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I only saw the topic so I clicked on this just to make sure it wasn't my wife starting the topic :-).

1200 calories is not much at all, especially if you are working out; if I were trying to lose weight I'd probably go 500 to 1000 under whatever your metabolism + workout calories are.
  • Katie320
    Katie320 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Ok, first of all, it is a big change. Your body and mind will adjust eventually. If you're honestly feeling famished all day, be sure that your activity level and how much weight you want to lose each week is set to a good level for you. Be sure to eat lots of water, veggies, fiber, etc. It will get better!