Tattoo

Options
Anyone have/seen any cool tattoos that represent fitness/health/being active? I think it would be fun to have one but I think it would kind of look more stupid than anything. HAHAHA

Replies

• teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    if you find a good artist to design one I bet it would look rad!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I will be giving myself a reward of a shooting star tattoo when I lose 11 more lbs. Though its not a tattoo specifically sports related I did lose the weight by exercising and playing sports..... personally get a tattoo of what YOU want, dont worry about what others will think, its gonna be on YOUR body for the rest of your life not theirs
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I would love to see any health/fitness ones as well :)

Exercisechic927 ... it may seem fun, but it's permanent, so if you aren't sure, my advice would be to seriously think about it first. I know several people who have ones now that they really wish they didn't.

I have one - it took me 7 years to find the right design for this very reason.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have a Phoenix for rebirth but it wasn't necessarily fitness related, but it COULD be :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I have a carrot on my right wrist to symbolize being a vegetarian. I get a lot of comments on it.
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    I will be giving myself a reward of a shooting star tattoo when I lose 11 more lbs. Though its not a tattoo specifically sports related I did lose the weight by exercising and playing sports..... personally get a tattoo of what YOU want, dont worry about what others will think, its gonna be on YOUR body for the rest of your life not theirs

That's a great design idea! While it may not be sports related, did you ever consider that it's a great way to remember to stick with it, never give up and always "reach for the stars" :)
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    ive actually been trying to decide on a tattoo to get after i get to goal to represent the new me and motivation to not go back
  • upinthecosmos
    upinthecosmos Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am a lover of tats, have quite a few, date a tattoo artist... I say meet with one, tell them what you are looking for, give them some ideas of what you'd like in it and let them design one for you that appeals to you. You know you best, you have to wear it forever, and you will know what it represents no matter what is in it so that is all that matters. If it results in others admiring it & giving you great comments on it then that's a bonus of course but not what you are really after:-) A true artist will also know what will & won't work and how & where to place it for it to fit & flow best with your body to give it that extra appeal;-)
  • exercisechic927
    exercisechic927 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good idea guys thank..I also have had a struggle with some chronic pain issues and getting back into fitness which was my ENTIRE life before having pain....so this journey has been me getting back to what I use to be..... I have tried to think of symbolic types things that are important to me but can't seem to have any good ideas
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    I have 2 that represent 2 things to me. They are chinese symbols that say "Strength" and "Determination" (or at least I *hope* that's what they saying, seeing as I can't read the language :) ). I got them after I lost 130lbs and got rid, finally, of back problems. They are on my upper back on either side of the scar I have from back surgery. Now....I gained back 100, but everyday I see them, remember how far I came and how hard I have to work to get it back!
  • dstrbdangel
    Options
    i have a bunch of tatts,have promisd myself when i get to my goal weight i can get whatever i want as far as a tatt...my goal is a saying down my side
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I just had a daisy tattoo on my left wrist to celebrate completing my first 5K run.
  • dragonflydi
    Options
    Good idea guys thank..I also have had a struggle with some chronic pain issues and getting back into fitness which was my ENTIRE life before having pain....so this journey has been me getting back to what I use to be..... I have tried to think of symbolic types things that are important to me but can't seem to have any good ideas

Did you have a spot already picked out for a design? Knowing what size area you are working with is important when designing :)
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    I got a tattoo on my 10 year anniversary of being in remission from Hodgkin's Lymphoma, cancer. It is a dusty purple rose, with the thorns on the stem, and a "k" worked into it, but it is not really seen unless I say something, and the rose is actually like a bud just beginning to open. It does not "show" that I had cancer and I have to explain why I got it, but it is a testimony of my survival. It means a lot to me and that is what matters. Use something that represents how you feel about your weight loss and the journey.

Just for you to have the understanding. The purple is the color of the sky at sunrise when the clouds are in a specific position with the reds and oranges. The thorns represent the problems in life, yeah they hurt when you get pricked. The fact that it is a bud opening is that my life is at the beginning, not the end. The rose itself shows that even though there are thorns in our lives the rose out weighs the thorns. Think about it how often did you look at a beautiful rose and notice the thorns. My life is represented by the actual rose itself. Finally, the "k" stands for Kevin. He is my husband. He is the greatest gift God has given me to date (next to my salvation). I am thankful for him and he is the one that made me realize just how strong I really am.

So the tat that you choose does not have to be "sport" or fitness, it just needs to be you. Oh yeah, and the guy that did my tattoo is the one that designed it. I explained to him what it was for and kind of what I had in mind...he is the one that drew it out and made it look awesome!

Be yourself with it honey.
  • Bambi4U
    Bambi4U Posts: 8
    Options
    I am not sure.........lol, but I have roses on me, it represents what I love, I am passionate about red roses. :-) I would go with something that symbolizes you into art.
  • Bambi4U
    Bambi4U Posts: 8
    Options
    I am not sure.........lol, but I have roses on me, it represents what I love, I am passionate about red roses. :-) I would go with something that symbolizes you into art.