Tired of Chicken

Options
I have had a good time finding different recipes and dishes to make for meal prep for my lunch's and dinner's the past couple of weeks since I started my journey, I am really trying to Eat Clean for myself and my digestive track lol. My problem is I HATE SEAFOOD !! With a Passion- all kinds. I don't eat any of it at all, never have. I love chicken but I have been eating only chicken for weeks during the day. Anyone have any suggestions for a meat that will fall into clean eating and be a healthy option for me to try?

Replies

• inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Pork loin is a good similar alternative
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your definition of clean eating is.

But a healthy diet is varied and balanced, which means that you can and should eat anything you like in moderate amounts.

Beef, pork, lamb, turkey, duck are usually easily available meats.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I would also consider pork and beef to be just as "clean" as chicken. Chicken is often a go to because chicken breasts are lean (and that's like all body builders can talk about)...pork tenderloins have a similar profile and you can also get lean cuts of beef.

I personally do eat a lot of fish...but that's because I love fish. I also eat chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. along with a wide variety of veg, some fruit, whole grains, whole food starches, legume, lentils, etc.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Louwho762 wrote: »
    I have had a good time finding different recipes and dishes to make for meal prep for my lunch's and dinner's the past couple of weeks since I started my journey, I am really trying to Eat Clean for myself and my digestive track lol. My problem is I HATE SEAFOOD !! With a Passion- all kinds. I don't eat any of it at all, never have. I love chicken but I have been eating only chicken for weeks during the day. Anyone have any suggestions for a meat that will fall into clean eating and be a healthy option for me to try?

As "clean eating" is unprocessed, I'd actually not think boneless, skinless chicken breast is particularly preferred. (But I don't use the term, and know it's variable.)

Anyway, I try to eat a variety of meat (and get it from a local farm, but that's an ethical/local bias reason, not "clean.") I don't eat that much chicken and I eat a variety of different parts (usually cook a whole chicken) so there's some variety there. Also turkey (wings and legs are good, I like doing them in a slow cooker), of course pork -- chops and tenderloin can be quite low cal. There are lean cuts of beef (I'm assuming calories is one of the reasons you've been limiting it to chicken), I eat lots of lamb, and of course there are things like venison.

I love fish, but understand you don't -- does that extend to shellfish?

You don't need meat -- eggs and dairy and legumes and tofu/tempeh can serve as main proteins for variety.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Steak, ground beef, ground turkey, turkey breast, pork chops, beef tips
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    ham, turkey, pork chop are a few I like but chicken is my #1 choice because I love it and fish is a close second.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Beef, Pork, Venison is very lean and my fave!
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey is good in alot of lunches. I do ground turkey taco meat made with chopped bell peppers on salad, with veggies, etc.
    I made a crock pot pulled pork with a leaner cut overnight 12+ hrs on low. Similar nutrition as chicken. Added some BBQ sauce on the side to control portion. Yummy. Some say pulled pork can't be done with lean cuts, not true, just add some broth to the bottom and cook low and slow.
    Turkey burgers are good too.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Try some Morning Star products.. the chick patties and burgers are good..and the crumbles are excellent as sloppy joes. For vegetarian options ... they are really good.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Louwho762 wrote: »

Turkey. Beef, pork, buffalo, etc.
    I don't see why meat from any other animal would not be as "clean" as chicken unless you have a religious definition. They are all killed and chopped up. If you want the least processed just buy the largest hunks of meat.

If it makes it difficult for you to eat an interesting and varied diet maybe your definition on what is clean/okay is too narrow/unnecessary. Maybe rethink what is important.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    eggs! by the dozens,lol! Boiled, deviled,soft boiled, scrambled,fried, poached.Frittata, muffins....Yum