21lbs in 7weeks?

Options
Can I lose 21lbs in 7 weeks????

I have about 1200 calories a day... I am going on a raw food diet starting now/tomorrow!

I run every 6 days for about 30 mins

I do 100 sit ups every morning

I occasionally do a exercise DVD every 2 weeks

What do you think???

Replies

• seemichellerun
    Options
    What's the rush?
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What's the rush?

exactly.
  • DaniiWanii
    DaniiWanii Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Moving to University :) haha just a goal i have in mind... what do you think?
  • ambergirl327
    Options
    Sure you could lose it, you will feel like crap, have no energy, and once you are done losing the weight it will come back, most likely it will bring a few more pounds with it. Your best and safest route is to slow down. Your first week you will probably see the most weight loss due to water weight but after that keep it at a slow and steady decline, no reason to shock your body.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    When I did Olympic Style Wrestling back in high school, I would occasionally lose 20 lbs in 1 day through the use of a Sauna Suit. We'd have to weigh in before the matches, so to be as low as possible, we'd layer garbage bags with sweatshirts and run laps around the school.

the thing is...it's not real weight loss. I'd weight in after practice and be way down...but as soon as I went home for dinner and re-hydrated myself....I was right back where I started.

the Point is, real-lasting body changes take time with the ideal goal being 1-2 lbs per weeks max. Any more than that and you're likely just losing water which will come back.

Your weight is just a number and is by far more overrated by most people than it should be.

Slow and consistant will give you the results. You can't "make up" or "cram" when it comes to fitness.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    So do you do a video ONCE every two weeks? and run once every six days?

I am confused. lol

21 pounds in 7 weeks is a little unrealistic, especially if that will put you at your goal week, it has taken me 6 months to lose 6 of my last ten pounds... so yeah, I would say that you should set goals that are just a TAD bit more realistic...

If you set unrealistic goals you will set yourself up for failure. and that is not a good feeling.
  • Moonlight17
    Moonlight17 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    the nearer ur goal it will get a lil tougher.. but you can lose it in about less than 10 weeks. by the time you start uni you will have a decent figure. make sure you drink lots of water and cut out fizzy drinks!

Also you'll have to do ur exercise DVD every other day and not every 2 weeks!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh and how overweight are you? The bigger you are the easier the weight drops to start with. I lost about 21lbs in the first 7/8 weeks of my diet this time so yes, you can do it. BUT...be careful about being too goal-oriented as people do lose weight at different rates and it's easy to get discouraged if you set yourself a high goal that you then can't keep. Good luck though!

P.S. You'll need to up the exercise pretty significantly in my opinion and avoid the raw diet - you'll get sick of it after max a week and give up. Just eat sensibly and do plenty of exercise.
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    That would average 3 lbs a week, most people shoot for 1-2 and as you get smaller it become harder to loose.

Raw food is great but I would recommend transitioning, especially if you had a lot of processed food in your diet before.

Remember this is about a lifestyle change and if it is not realistic it will be incredibly hard to maintain.
  • DonnaOrgan
    Options
    I don't think you will get enough protein in your raw food diet to support your activities, that may slow your weight loss. You must remember the last 10 lbs are the hardest to lose. If you were very overweight I would say yes but only needing to lose 21 lbs, I have to say that would be difficult in that short time frame.
  • DaniiWanii
    Options
    So do you do a video ONCE every two weeks? and run once every six days?

I am confused. lol

21 pounds in 7 weeks is a little unrealistic, especially if that will put you at your goal week, it has taken me 6 months to lose 6 of my last ten pounds... so yeah, I would say that you should set goals that are just a TAD bit more realistic...

If you set unrealistic goals you will set yourself up for failure. and that is not a good feeling.

run 6 days a week sorry haha! i lost 10lbs in 2 months but i wasn't really trying too hard just cut out processed food really
  • DaniiWanii
    Options
    Hey guys I was just wondering if it's possible... I'm not set on losing it obviously it would be nice but more into being healthy :)

I was just wondering if it's possible :)
  • DaniiWanii
    Options
    That would average 3 lbs a week, most people shoot for 1-2 and as you get smaller it become harder to loose.

Raw food is great but I would recommend transitioning, especially if you had a lot of processed food in your diet before.

Remember this is about a lifestyle change and if it is not realistic it will be incredibly hard to maintain.

I eat a whole load of fruit and veggies at the moment and barely any processed foods... i'm not set on losing it all in 7 weeks just wondering :)
  • DaniiWanii
    Options
    the nearer ur goal it will get a lil tougher.. but you can lose it in about less than 10 weeks. by the time you start uni you will have a decent figure. make sure you drink lots of water and cut out fizzy drinks!

Also you'll have to do ur exercise DVD every other day and not every 2 weeks!

I haven't drank fizzy drink since january :) and yeah i will up the exercise dvd :) cheeeers
  • Moonlight17
    Moonlight17 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awww no problem!! I'm in a similar position as you! Wanna look good for Oct for when I return to uni as well! x
  • fitspren
    fitspren Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    By starting a keto diet and doing some intense exercise, a guy on reddit managed to lose about a pound a day. So it's definitely a possible thing! http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/iw2n3/sv_thank_you_keto