Andddddd here I am again

Options
I had started this journey at 272 pounds, lost 102 pounds the first time around, but gained weight back after having surgery. Then I proceeded to get down to 157 which was my lowest weight and a few pounds past my goal weight. I wasn't being all that healthy though. I was dealing with depression and an eating disorder. I was over restricting calories and over exercising which lead to a .5ish pound per day loss normally. So I started seeing a therapist and kicked that eating disorder which I'm really proud of. During this time though, I've lost track of why I started this whole thing to begin with which was to get healthy. I started to binge and eat all the foods I didn't allow myself to eat. About 6 months later I had gained about 60 pounds back. I'm back on the 200s which I said I'd never be again.

So here I am, starting again :) doing it the healthy way though this time. I'm just focusing on exercising, making healthy choices, and not starving myself. I know it will take longer, but I also know it's supposed to and that it will be so much easier to maintain. I'm not just dieting, I'm changing my lifestyle and I have to remember that.

Replies

• sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing. This time around I feel a lot better about it. I know you will do great this time.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track. I think you'll see positive results in no time. Good luck with your journey :)
  • LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I finally just realized that this time around is the first time I am doing it really slowly. I've lost weight twice before, but fast and furious. It was more suffering through than living. You got the right idea, eat healthy food and exercise. :neutral: Who knew that it was that easy? Good luck on your journey.
  • wesheets
    wesheets Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm around where you are. It's hard but I'm so determined this time around!
  • vermillionlove
    vermillionlove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over too. I started in 2013 at 220 lbs and got down to 158 as my lowest weight in 2014. Since then, I've been gaining it back or maintaining but never losing, I am back up to 200+ :/ I would love an accountability buddy. Feel free to add me. :)
  • shinitaru
    shinitaru Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    That happened to me too. I lost over 150lbs only to fall back after being overzealous at the gym. Now I've gained most of it back. Here I am again, I've made a decent start but have so far to go. Let's do this! Let's make 2017 a great year full of success!
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Losing weight and regaining it (more than once) made me realize that obesity is like a chronic medical condition (such as my asthma) that I have to manage for the rest of my life.

Even though I'm breathing well again, I know that I have to continue to take my medicine or the problems will return. I can treat my obesity by calorie restricting until I get to a proper weight, but then I have to continue to treat it or it will come back too.

This has put the methods I choose to lose weight into a different perspective than I used to have. I'm not learning to lose weight, I'm learning to live like the smaller person I will become.