Did I just have my Aha! moment - Trying this again

Options
I've been big my entire life and now sitting here at 23 I think I have had my Aha! moment as Oprah would say. Everyday at work we joke about my weight and even though I laugh at the jokes it sucks being the one everyone jokes about.
I'm ready to change and took the first step by joining Golds Gym and have an appointment with a physical trainer today after work.
If you are in the same shoes as me, been in the same shoes but lost the weight, or give out great tips for weight loss and recipes for eating healthy then please send me a request.
Can use the support from other members and will greatly appreciate it so I can accomplish this mission I have been losing my entire life.

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    That's great news! From what I hear that epiphany is super important, but the hard part is still ahead you. Good luck. I'm excited for you!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good luck! But remember, "you can't outrun a bad diet".

Strength training is great for maintaining muscle, and hence your metabolism. (the person able to eat the most calories on maintenance, 'wins')
    Cardio is great for that little extra calorie burn to let you eat a little more.

Weight loss is in the kitchen.
    Don't complicate it. Just log what you eat. (all drinks and oils). >>If you 'let it go', you're just fooling yourself. No one else cares.
    Don't get caught up in macros, food groups, etc. just log what you normally eat, find your 'calorie bombs'.
  • andy_from_mn
    andy_from_mn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fall 7 times, get up 8. Congrats on your epiphany. Good luck in your journey!
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You did have an Aha! moment. The secret is to never forget it.

Here is a little advice: Your life starts now. You haven't lost anything, you have just been preparing for now. Start being the person you want to be and you will become that person. If you want to be someone who is in good shape, do what people in good shape do--watch what and how much you eat and get regular exercise. Make those things priorities. Do something about them every day. That's really all there is to it.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I've been at this 29 years as you can see in my picture I've been 98lbs upto 244 lbs and tbh it's the easiest way to live
    Only start an exercise programme you want to maintain always
    Eat what you enjoy in moderation
    Log everything
    Weigh and measure foods and liquids
    Just keep the feeling you have today in your head today when you want to stop
    Take lots before pics at all angels
    Ask a friend to weigh you as it may keep you on track