Am I alone in this?

Options
SamK5269
SamK5269 Posts: 19 Member
So I've noticed that when I'm bleeding my weight goes up... So I guess my question is does anyone else with a uterus experience this? Is this normal? Do I need to do something different or just not log weight for the duration of the shedding? Thanks for your respectful input!

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Being a woman is a whole lot of fun, sometimes lol.

I tend to bloat (retain water) during my time of the month so my pants are tighter and I generally feel like crap so I've come to not worry about it. If you want to track your trends then by all means log the weight. If you know this is normal for you then maybe don't worry about it?

It's really your call, but it is common for me to retain water weight during that time for sure. I've heard other women say similar things.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I cut my thumb really bad a few years ago. Bleed a lot but I didn't have a chance to check my weight. I closed the cut with super glue.

Doing that to a vagina is not recommended.

I gain during ovulation, mid-cycle. It's pretty normal to gain weight during your period. You don't have to log your weight or even weigh if it makes you uncomfy.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I find that I tend to have a lot of stomach upset at that TOM and I generally 1) have less appetite and 2) tend to be spending more time in the bathroom. Which generally means my weight goes down, but I feel pretty miserable about it.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Nope, not alone. I gain weight until the time passes, in which the weight (most of it) disappears. It disappears slightly faster if I am diligent about my sodium and water intake during that time. I don't bloat the week before like most women report.. I bloat the week of and during. It's annoying.
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I no longer weigh myself when I'm on my period because it'll be a pound or two higher and I convince myself I've gained weight.

So, yes. :p
  • lennyt91
    lennyt91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've always considered it "leaking" not "bleeding", but I'm right there with you, sister.
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    You're body's preparing to, create a; potential baby & thus you'll generate/stockpile; what'll initially be; necessary to!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Water retention.
  • PersianKitty94
    PersianKitty94 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    I normally gain. Last month I lost though. Great surprise.

Fun story, I'm on day 3 right now, so my heaviest flow days. Went to do a home visit, the client had all white furniture. Oh *kitten*. Sitting down and trying to get his assessment done as quick as possible when I feel a clot come out.
    5shecokv9cki.jpg

Finish the assessment and huzzah! Clean couch. When I'm post menopausal, I will buy so much white.

I thought I was the only one who freaked out about white furniture during periods.