What type of blender do YOU use? Help me out people!

Options
Ok..me AGAIN.....:)
I have a standard blender at home.....and have been hearing people talk about 'mini blenders' and 'majic bullets', etc...so I'm wondering if you guys have found a FABULOUS blender that you want to tell me about???

Replies

• chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    Kitchen Aide makes solid blenders that work. I don't know the model of the one I have-- it's a few years old, but it's trusty, solidly built, and reliable.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    same, we had a plain old blender for a long time. recently purchased the magic bullet...it ROCKS!! seriously its really good and cleans up quickly. I would definitely recommend it.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja, Hubby loves it!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Vitamix, it may be full size but amazingly easy to clean, well worth the cost
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it's the same in your area as it is in mine but Target is clearancing out there summer stuff and their $20 sunbeam summer color blenders were 75% off last weekend. We picked up three blenders (incase they're cheap and break easily) and only paid $15 for all three of them. They were bright pastely colors, but they were high quality glass and we just couldn't pass up $5 a blender. It works great...we had a bullet and I like the glass blender much better.
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    magic bullet is amazing!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I have both but I rarely take out the big one, it is just too much cleanup, the magic bullet is awesome for whipping up a quick smoothie!
  • RunningOutOfMyMind
    Options
    I'm saving for a Ninja! I'm excited! We don't have any type of blender right now.

Smoothies! Margaritas! Dough!! **drool** I can just imagine all the yummy things I can make with that sucker when I get one!
  • sm_wilson
    sm_wilson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the bullet. you can get it at costco. works great if your making smoothies or w.e for 1 person!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I'm saving for a Ninja! I'm excited! We don't have any type of blender right now.

Smoothies! Margaritas! Dough!! **drool** I can just imagine all the yummy things I can make with that sucker when I get one!

Me too!!!!
  • mercyyuen
    mercyyuen Posts: 21
    Options
    I have a ninja prep. I LOVE IT. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE!!!!!

It really DOES blend up ice in jiffy. And when I use it to mince up ingredients for my fried rice, or quiche... it does it so well! It really does end up finely minced... not mushed into a sorry mess.

I use it to make smoothies... and they come out so good! Comparable to the vitamix in smoothie making abilities~! And so much cheaper.
  • osucristina
    osucristina Posts: 197
    Options
    I use a hamilton beach personal travel cup blender religiously. It's awesome because the top and lid (which is a travel lid) just come right off and there ya go! Plus, it's strong enough to chop up frozen fruits and ice. Anddd it was 15 bucks at walmart and had the highest rating on amazon
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I use the Magic Bullet. I absolutely love it!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I use a hamilton beach personal travel cup blender religiously. It's awesome because the top and lid (which is a travel lid) just come right off and there ya go! Plus, it's strong enough to chop up frozen fruits and ice. Anddd it was 15 bucks at walmart and had the highest rating on amazon

I have that one too and I love it.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. I use it every single day and it's been well worth the money spent!
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have a Magic Bullet that I've had for about 8 years. I LOVE it! Of course I use it to make smoothies, but I've also used it for chicken salad, mixed drinks, to crush Fiber One or bread crumbs or graham crackers, all kinds of stuff. It's probably my favorite appliance.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options

I have it and love it too!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja blender, with two different sized cups and lids, and LOVE it. Easy to store, and it does an awesome job with purees, shakes, and smoothies. Love, love, love it.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. I use it every single day and it's been well worth the money spent!

My ex used to sell those. Those are AWESOME blenders. I used to watch his roadshows and eat all the samples, haha. We used to make cashew butter with honey-roasted cashews all the time. Holy nut addiction, Batman.

I would totally get one now, but then I'd have to give up buying new running shoes. Since I'm still running, you can see which choice I made.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Another vote for this one. Love mine too.